Category Manager, Electrical ComponentsBudapest, Hungary Additional Location: Budapest, Hungary Job ID: R-7552-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
- Actively manage the end-to-end global strategic sourcing and procurement process
- Provide innovative strategies for optimizing global sourcing effectiveness
- Coordinate and work with both corporate and regional stakeholders to establish and implement long-term strategic goals
- Establish strong supplier relationships, effectively manage category supply base, perform advanced and intricate negotiations, and oversee selection of key suppliers
- Negotiate global contracts and ensure expedient and compliant implementation throughout organization.
- Actively monitor supplier and internal performance against contracts, industry benchmarks, and previous baselines on a quarterly basis.
- Identify and evaluate market changes and new technologies -- make appropriate fact-based recommendations for adoption by Harman stakeholders
- Manage and/or lead preparation and evaluation of RFx
- Manage top critical components for production through supplier escalations and internal alignment
- Continuously benchmark prices of components from various manufacturers
- Support new programs with supplier and component recommendation
- Maintain component info records in ERP system
- Create regular and ad-hoc category reports
- Organize quarterly business review meetings with top suppliers
- Be up to date about capacity expansion of suppliers and visit these facilities
- Frequent and close cooperation with Best Cost Analytics and Component Engineering team
- 5 years strategic sourcing experience, cost analysis, negotiation, self-motivated, detailed oriented, quick learner.
- Desired experience in Electronics sourcing and procurement activities within a manufacturing-dominated business environment.
- Proven experience in contract management and supplier management.
- Excellent market research and trend analysis skills
- Strong strategic/long-range planning skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Desired SAP (ERP) skills
- Skills and willingness in analyzing and managing large amounts of dynamically changing data
- Willingness to learn key technical parameters of components
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)