System Modelling Architect - Power State managementBucharest, Romania Job ID: R-11849-2022
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role:
He/She will be working in a team of architects to contribute to the model driven System Architecture the RF team is currently developing for highly integrated automotive Cockpit platforms.
The main work will be to model On/Off concepts and power states of the Harman Compute Kit cockpit solution and to create a Enterprise Architect based model covering all related usecases.
The Model will help to meet future power saving requirements of electrical vehicles and support a greater re-usability of Software assets.
You will work locally in Bucharest/Romania, together with other colleagues in the same team.
You will be embedded in a global team driven by a manager located in Germany.
What You Will Do:
- Understand the concept of the model driven System architecture development based on the SysD-Reference Method (SysD-RM)
- Contribute a reference architecture for the Onff / Power Management/ usecases to the Compute Kit reference architectures.
- Work in a Team or Architects to shape the future of Compute Kit Architecture
- Cooperate with Experts in HW designs and SW developers to understand ther required interactions and model the required infrastructure.
- Partiticpate in RFQ discussions to understand customer needs on a high level
- Adopt reference architectures in a modular way to customer demands.
- Cooperate with the architects in the Runtime Foundation Team
- Possibility to take more responsibility for sub-models.
Other responsibilities specific to the occupational safety and health:
What You Need:
- Bachelor degree or Master Degree Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with a matching technical backgroud
- More than 3 years experience in automotive development with a focus on architecture and concepts.
- Ability to work self-organized under limited guidance.
- Knownledge about embedded systems, especially PMIC interactions.
- Knownledge about Power / voltage management frameworks and interest in low level software.
- Experience with system-modelling, preferably in Enterprise architect.
- Experience in Embedded-Software-Design.
- Good communication and visalization skills.
- Strong structural working skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English with engineers in other countries.
What is Nice to Have:
What Makes You Eligible:
- Willingeness to work in an office / home office in Bucharest
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.