Software Quality EngineerBucharest, Romania Job ID: 120590
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Advanced product quality planning (APQP) is a framework of procedures and techniques used to develop products in automotive industry. The role of SW APQP must be well-versed in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle in the automotive market space. Strong technical experience is required for this role, with the ability to guide teams in code reviews, understand techniques of Unit Testing, Static Code Analysis, and Functional Safety. Experience in Agile and/or SaFE is also required
- Drive project teams towards First-Time quality, with focus on the V-Model process areas.
- Coach teams in first-time quality in ensuring best practices in Agile, SaFE development practices
- Ensure the preventive quality aspects in projects from RFQ until SOP+90 days, using the Maturity Gate Task List as a guide for on-time and on-quality deliverables.
- Define and track quality plans
- Moderate the teams „lessons learned“, 8-Ds and RCA activities for effective problem solving
- Tracking of Product-Quality-Gates
- Perform Design-, Quality Gate
- Perform Maturity Level assurance of running projects (Corrections in case of deviations, escalations in the different project phases)
- Moderation of workshops to prepare reliability prediction of running projects
- Ensure the process adherence according the HARMAN process landscape
- Support the project teams to roll out and understand new or changed processes.
- Support the process tailoring according the projects needs
- Perform internal audits and assessments
- Regular reporting of the project status
- Expert in Software Development Life Cycle and AGILE, with strong experience in Code Reviews, Unit Testing, Requirements Management/traceability
- Experience with ISO 26262 or other standards for functional safety. (2+ years)
- Experience with ASPICE ( v2.5 or greater) and IATF 16949 (2+years)
- Understand concepts SaFE Agile.
- Quality experience at least 3 years, including APQP
- Effective written and verbal English communications skills
- Results- oriented behaviour
- Certification on quality expertise
- Well-versed in SaFE AGILE
- Willingness to travel -10%
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.