Senior Software EngineerBucharest, Bucureşti Additional Location: Bucharest, Romania Job ID: R-5447-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things and we accomplish it as a team. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
About the Role:
Our next Senior Software Developer will be part of a team responsible for creating from scratch the Entertainment System software for a high end, embedded automotive infotainment system.
What You Will Do:
- Implementation, documentation, troubleshooting and bug fixing of sub-components in the area of embedded software in C/C++.
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debuggers, compilers, etc).
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met, and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer-driven design reviews throughout the program.
- Coordinates software development activities with software team leader.
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with software team leader to negotiate a resolution.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Manages small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process.
- Works with the customer to define requirements and to resolve issues.
- May direct the work of 1-2 other engineers
- Develop and offer visibility on risk assessment for critical fixes
- Takes a technical leading role in taskforces or war room initiated by the customer.
What You Need
- University degree in engineering (Electrical engineering, Information Technology or appropriate graduation or technician).
- At least 4 + years of experience as a software developer.
- Solid knowledge of C++.
- Linux expertise.
- Experience in developing embedded applications.
- Knowledge in inter-process communication, threading.
- Good English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Automotive experience
- Good Qt framework knowledge
- Experience with infotainment / entertainment systems.
- Unified Modeling Language Knowledge
- Hand’s on experience in agile software development methods (SAFe, SCRUM, AgileUp)
What Makes You Eligible
- University degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or appropriate graduation)
- Experience with message-based, multi-process, multi-threaded software design and implementation
- 5+ years of experience in Software-development with C++
- Good knowledge of Linux based systems
- Analytical skills and good system understanding in the embedded SW area.
- Autonomous and systematic way of working.
- Good English skills in spoken and written English.
- Results driven and results oriented
About HARMAN International
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for consumers, automakers, and enterprises worldwide, including audio, visual and infotainment systems; enterprise automation solutions; and software services. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson ® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. HARMAN also is a technology and integration services leader for the Automotive, Mobile, Telecommunications and Enterprise markets. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. The Company's software solutions power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated, personalized, adaptive and secure across all platforms, from the work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of more than 25,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. The Company's shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. HARMAN offers a great work environment, brilliant career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN!
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)