Senior Software DeveloperBucharest, Bucureşti Additional Location: Bucharest, Romania Job ID: R-5450-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things and we accomplish it as a team. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
About the Role:
Our new Senior Software developer will be part of a team responsible for creating from scratch the Entertainment System software for a high end, embedded automotive infotainment system.
What You Will Do:
- Full responsibility in system and component architecture and design; provides High-Level Design Documents (HDD) and Detailed Design Documentation (DDD) for the system/components under his/her responsibility;
- Analyze the customer requirements allocated to software and map the analyzed requirements to a new or existing software architecture
- Evaluate and document the software architecture and present it to internal management, sales representatives and at customer meetings
- Manage the implementation of the software architecture with both local and remote development teams.
- Ensures the overall strategic goal of platformization of the SW components.
- Technical analysis and assessment of customer requirements (RFC, RFI, RFQ)
- Resolve inconsistencies in case of unclear technical requirements in the specification by direct communication with the customer
- Consideration of Harman processes, Automotive SPICE and functional safety requirements
- Reviews HDD and DDD and verifies them against product features, insuring Requirements Traceability Matrix;
- Contact person to the customer and internally for evaluation of new concepts
- Provides impact analysis for design changes; provide accurate estimates in time & costs for customer specific requirements
- Writes code and tests (white-box testing) the component, based on design documentation;
- Analyze malfunctions in terms of time response, stability, robustness of components, as well as of the entire system;
- Analyses the system behavior and predicts root-causes of reported issues;
- Mainly acts as an expert/consultant of the specified area – advices customer with best-practices;
- Acts as mentor or coach for less experienced engineers;
- Act according the standards of the automotive industry and in-car applications and software development processes.
- Monitoring of development status and software quality and with means of design and code reviews
- Bug fixing and maintenance tasks for the Software Components delivered
What You Need:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or appropriate graduation) or equivalent
- Experience with message-based, multi-process, multi-threaded software design and implementation
- BSc degree and 8+ years or MSc degree and 6+ years or PhD degree and 4+ years experience with Software-development in C++.
- Strong knowledge of Linux based systems
- Proven solid experience as a software developer, system engineer or system analyst
- Solid embedded and real-time applications development experience
- Strong UML, Design Patterns and Linux system analysis expertise
- Strong knowledge in inter-process communication, multithreading, networking
- Very good interpersonal skills, ability to present status to both technical and non-technical persons
- Ability to train and coach engineers
- Ability to anticipate important technical issues and to provide timely feedback to management
- Maturity to contextualize own work with divisional priorities and possibilities
- Ability to keep the engineering teams in the loop about emerging platform technologies and trends
- Capacity to mentor junior members of the team and to help them advance in their technical career
- Capacity to sustain technical presentations
- Perfect English communication skills both written and verbal
What Makes You Eligible
- Experience in automotive / infotainment systems
- Knowledge of basic project management (collecting requirements and defining project scope, estimating activities resources and duration, develop/manage project team, control product quality, risk management and status reporting)
- Knowledge in agile software development methods (SCRUM, SAFe, AgileUp)
- Ability to represent the company in technical/non-technical discussions with the customers
- Willingness to travel (0-20% of time) depending on the project necessities.
- Proactivity and good communication skills.
- Excellent task and time management.
- Attention to detail and “can do” attitude.
- Highly organized and multitasking.
- Analytical & critical thinking.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
About HARMAN International
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for consumers, automakers, and enterprises worldwide, including audio, visual and infotainment systems; enterprise automation solutions; and software services. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson ® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. HARMAN also is a technology and integration services leader for the Automotive, Mobile, Telecommunications and Enterprise markets. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. The Company's software solutions power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated, personalized, adaptive and secure across all platforms, from the work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of more than 25,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. The Company's shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. HARMAN offers a great work environment, brilliant career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN!
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)