Senior Performance EngineerBucharest, Romania Job ID: 118136 Additional locations: None
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
The SW Performance Engineer is responsible for debugging and pre-analyzing Performance Defects occurring in the system during the development lifecycle. In addition he is in charge of Analysis, Implementation & Verification of Resource Management SW Configuration based on the design from SW Architecture. He is doing KPI pass / fail criteria analysis in cooperation with SW Domains and KPI TraceMarker verification.
- Carries out analysis according to the Performance Backlog
- Allocates analyzed Performance Errors under valid SW domain for bug fixing
- Provides solution proposals for Errors where applicable, actively steering the bug-fixing by technical coordination of all involved parties with multiple dependencies
- Implements SW Resource Management Specific configuration according to the Design made by SW & System Architecture
- Monitors & executes KPI tests in order to verify Resource Management SW Configuration
- Carries out KPI pass / fail criteria analysis
- Verifies Trace Marker implementation
- Cooperates with SW Domains in order to ensure reliable KPI measurements from Trace Markers
- Validates the Performance specific Trace & Debug architecture & tools
- Support in analysis of trouble tickets, steering actively the bug-fixing by technical coordination of all involved parties with multiple dependencies
- Generates related statistics
- Identifies possible gaps in the trace & debug architecture
- Cooperates with SW Domains and Provides proposals how to improve the related architecture & implementation
- Review of SW code and design concepts
- Apply state-of-the-art methods to ensure and optimize SW quality
- Report to project management and customer
- Support the maintenance of enrolled project SW packages and tools
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other relevant (IT connected) specializations
- 5 years of professional experience in software development with focus on embedded Linux systems
- Experience in system introspection, especially system monitoring
- Sound knowledge of Trace & Debugging tools & architecture
- Profound knowledge of Linux Kernel & User Space SW Performance debugging & Problem solving
- Professional skills in C/C++ and shell programming, Python is beneficial
- Practical experience in coordinating engineering teams
- Engaged team player willing to work in a multi-national team
- Fluent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Know-how in analyzing Linux Kernel events using LTTng
- Good technical presentation skills
- Automotive experience
- Experience with infotainment / entertainment systems.
- Willingness to travel (0-10% of time) depending on the project necessities
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.