Senior SW Engineer ADAS CoreBucharest, Romania Job ID: R-18029-2022
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
HARMAN ADAS SBU Augmented Reality Platform is a pure Automotive initiative with the vision of bringing the relevant information into the driver’s field-of-view.
Our products are bringing an immersive Augmented Reality experience to the vehicle drivers, complementing and enhancing the ADAS and the Navigation experience while reshaping how passengers interact with the environment around the car’s position.
Our solutions merge the real and virtual worlds helping drivers to better understand where to make maneuvers, therefore making the driving experience more enjoyable, safer, and more carefree.
Our teams of experts in Automotive Systems, Navigation, Machine Learning (ML), Computer Vision (CV) and Sensor Fusion technologies have pioneered the AR Navigation in Premium Automotive segment in 2018 and have introduced to the market several innovative AR solutions in 2021.
Today, we are recruiting top talents to our site in Romania to develop and deliver AR solutions for several famous brands of the European and US OEMs.
This position will be responsible for developing high complexity SW components for Harman’s Augmented Reality division. We are looking forward to onboarding a team player who is passionate about AR technologies.
What You Will Do
- High quality Framework Core software development for cutting edge ADAS Augmented Reality domain
- Implement, document, troubleshoot and resolve bugs on the assigned domain
- Verify the implemented software (e.g. Code Review, Static Code Analysis, Unit Tests)
- Adjust and adapt the platform solution to the project hardware and software environment
- Optimize exiting algorithms to achieve real-time performance improvements under the target platform
- Involvement into requirement analysis, architecture development and integration
- Indirect R&D of the technology stack that can lead to strategic decision
- Provide risk assessment for critical fixes
- Interact with a variety of stakeholders including Harman suppliers, experts in AR field and customers, both locally and internationally
What You Need
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or similar specialization
- 5+ years experience in SW development in complex SW projects or similar experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data-structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming, popular design patterns and multithreading
- Good understanding of C++ Standard Library and support libraries (e.g. Boost)
- Experience with Linux and Linux debugging
- Good knowledge of Version Control Systems (Git preferred)
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Focus on teamwork and cooperation
What is Nice to Have
- Automotive experience
- ASPICE knowledge and experience
- GoogleTest and GoogleMock knowledge for Unit Tests
- Python knowledge
What Makes You Eligible
- Hands on experience in Agile Software Development methodologies
- Willingness to travel (20% of time) depending on the project necessitates
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Work in international teams with the world’s largest automotive manufacturers
- Use HARMAN Flex – chose the right working model fitting their job (WfH, Hybrid or Office)
- Access career development opportunities and get both on the job training on high-end automotive projects, as well as extensive technical trainings
- Access HARMAN Webshop with large employee discounts for audio products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, AKG)
- Are encouraged to a healthy work/life balance with a progressive holiday plan based on total work experience, 2 sick days, 3 days off compensation for weekend legal holidays and flextime
- And of course, enjoy meal tickets, a premium medical subscription, fitness discounts and other corporate perks
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.