Regulatory Product Compliance ExpertBucharest, Romania Job ID: 118603
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
The Regulatory Product Compliance Expert lead position is a key technical leadership position for HARMAN Connected Car programs to ensure country specific regulatory certifications in time and quality. This position requires a broad background in radio frequency technologies such like cellular technology, Bluetooth, WiFi and related activities to get International Type Approvals (ITA) certifications.
- Responsible for International Type Approvals (ITA) in time, budget and quality by managing related documentation and test requirement
- Where applicable, map ITA, HARMAN and customer specifications to create final test specification
- Collaborate with private and government owned ITA Testing facilities, Local Representatives, engineering and test teams to ensure that product requirements are feasible, clear, complete, and testable to get ITA certifications
- Master degree in Engineering or related field and
- Broad technical background with general knowledge of cellular technology, Bluetooth, WiFi and automotive requirements
- Practical experience in related areas such as ITA certification processes
- Extraordinary oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with business and technology leaders.
- Experience in managing external and internal vendors/partners
- Experience in working with the technology industry or automotive industry
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the business
Preferred Qualifications: Please list the preferred qualifications needed for this position based on the following:
- 2 years of experience ITA certifications or comparable discipline
- Knowledge in inter-process communication, threading;
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral.
- Very good English knowledge both written and verbal.
Eligibility Requirements: List specific location of position and % of willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a medical screen.
- There will be occasional travel required to sync with the project necessities.
- Proactivity and good communication skills
- Excellent task and time management
- Attention to detail and “can do” attitude
- Highly organized and multitasking
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Analytical & critical thinking
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
What we offer:
- An international team working with the world's largest automotive manufacturers
- Access to Harman University for extensive technical trainings
- Employee discounts on our HARMAN products (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon)
- Meal tickets
- Flexible working hours
- Medical subscription
- State of the art new office easily accessible by city transportation
- Fitness discounts
- and much more...
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.