Regular Build Automation EngineerBucharest, Romania Job ID: R-12242-2022
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
As a DevOps Build Automation Engineer, you will work closely with Development, SW Integration and Testing teams to establish a fully automated CI/CD process. You will be involved in the complete SW Integration workflow focusing on process automation in order to reduce development time and increase software quality.
What You Will Do
- Implement automation for software builds (via multi-branch CI/CD pipelines), enable self-service build tools and create reusable deployment jobs
- Ensure scalability of the implemented solutions as well as monitoring, alerting, logging and metrics visualization
- Integrate development and verification tools, frameworks and libraries
- Ensure continuous feedback loop via CICD pipelines between stakeholder teams
- Participate in the analysis of and document requirements for development of new or improvement of existing build infrastructure automation
- Evaluate existing processes for improvements; Propose and develop new processes, tools and automation
- Document workflows, methodologies and processes
- Continuously innovate and strategize on making our applications faster and more resilient
- Communicate clearly and frequently with all team members, stakeholders and product owners, providing detailed status reports on project progress.
- Prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
What You Need
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other similar specialization
- 2+ years of proven experience as a DevOps Engineer or a similar position
- Proven experience in building CI/CD pipelines for Development, Integration and Testing (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Good knowledge of Version Control Systems ( GIT – Stash/Gerrit/Github/similar, Artifactory, Perforce, SVN)
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Proven experience with a scripting/programming language (bash, python, groovy – nice to have)
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of data collection and visualization tools (ELK/Prometheus/Grafana/Qlik)
What is Nice to Have
- Good knowledge and understanding of compilation and linkage process
- Knowledge and experience ASPICE
- Experience working in Automotive embedded systems
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness travel (0-20% of time) depending on the project necessities
- Fluent in commercial and technical English
- High sense of responsibility
- Attention to details and good analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.