Project Cybersecurity ManagerBucharest, Romania Job ID: R-13637-2022
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
The Project Cybersecurity Manager (PCSM) is accountable for automotive product Cybersecurity Risk Management in the global Automotive organization of HARMAN. It encompasses the planning and tracking of cybersecurity activities required in multiple projects for Automotive customers. This role oversees continual cybersecurity activities throughout Product Lifecycle, from development to production, then field and service including cybersecurity incident management and/or updates.
What You Will Do
- Overall responsible to manage cybersecurity risk along product life cycle in a project
- Plan and coordinate cybersecurity activities in the development and post-development phase of product life cycle
- Document and maintain cybersecurity plan in the project
- Monitor cybersecurity process activities together with the project leaders
- Review Cybersecurity Interface Agreement with the customer and the project suppliers
- Review and support Threat Analysis and Risk Assessment
- Analyze customer cybersecurity requirements and support definition of internal cybersecurity requirements for system, hardware, software, and post-development
- Support definition of cybersecurity concept in the project
- Maintain the cybersecurity case
- Plan, coordinate and contribute to cybersecurity compliance review at defined Maturity Gate, cybersecurity audits and assessments
- Interface with the customer and support the supplier interface on cybersecurity requirements and clarifications
- Support Program manager to monitor suppliers for distributed cybersecurity activities agreed in the Cybersecurity Interface Agreement
- Report the progress of cybersecurity activities to the program management team
- Ensure information cybersecurity in usage of software tools utilized by the project
- Support vulnerability management and incident response
What You Need
- 5+ years of proven experience in project management
- Sound understanding of Automotive Cybersecurity Engineering standard (ISO/SAE 21434:2021)
- Experience with Product Life Cycle activities from development to field and service
- Familiar with cybersecurity threat analysis and risk assessment methods
- Knowledge of requirements management rules and tools
- Knowledge of configuration management rules and tools
- Knowledge of change management rules and tools
- Knowledge of qualification of SW/HW components and tools
- Knowledge of risk management methodologies
- Knowledge of process reference models such as Automotive SPICE® and IATF 16949
- Self-driven, strong leadership abilities and collaboration skills
- B.Sc / M.Sc or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
What is Nice to Have
- Automotive cybersecurity experience (preferably from Tier-1 or OEM)
- Understanding of UNECE WP.29 R155 (CSMS) + R156 (SUMS)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
- Experience in IoT / Embedded systems security engineering
- Knowledge of cybersecurity standards and organizations (CC, FIPS, NIST)
- Great team-player and strong interpersonal skills
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 10% of the time, domestic and international travel
- Be willing to work in an office in Bucharest, Romania
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, Harman Kardon, AKG etc.)
- Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global environment
- On-site opportunities to focus on personal well-being and development such as, onsite café, fitness center, weekly massage, fitness classes, and other onsite events promoted by our Employee resource groups
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies
- Internal talent management leadership acceleration programs
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
- Scholarship programs for employee family members
To protect our employees, customers, and communities, HARMAN requires all U.S. employees to disclose their vaccination status and share a copy of their vaccination card. This confidential data will be collected by a trusted third-party vendor via a secure portal upon your start at HARMAN.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.