Linux Security Software EngineerBucharest, Romania Job ID: R-8106-2021
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
As a SW Development Engineer and a member of the System Reliability team, you will be responsible for implementing system software code used in various projects for high-end embedded automotive infotainment systems, according SW design and architecture guidelines.
You will have to fulfill quality assurance criteria for created code (e.g. create and run unit tests, perform static/dynamic code analysis) and to follow the defined SW development process (processes, methods and tools).
Fulfilling this role, you will involved in and responsible for the following activities:
- Analyze the customer requirements, SW features and change requests.
- Design and develop SW modules, programming and coding. Review of SW code and design concepts.
- Create a detailed design specifications and SW documentation. Clarify and negotiate interfaces and dependencies with other domains, SW architects and suppliers.
- Implement features, bug-fixes and unit/component tests for SW components. Creates unit test cases, executes tests, fixes found issues, monitors unit test coverage.
- Support integration team in writing integration tests with domain know-how.
- Pre-analyze the defect tickets, actively steering the bug-fixing by technical coordination of all involved parties with multiple dependencies. Support the maintenance of enrolled project SW packages and tools.
- Define and plan the work packages, monitor and track the 3rd party contributors.
- Report to both project management team and the customer
In order to fulfill this role, you are required to have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other relevant (IT-related) specializations.
- At least 3 years of experience as a software developer.
- Experience in developing embedded applications.
- Strong coding skills in C/C++.
- Linux expertise, knowledge of inter-process communication and multi-threading.
In order to fulfill this role, it will be a plus if you have the following qualifications:
- Familiarity with writing secure code, cryptography
- Experience with infotainment / entertainment systems.
- Experience with build / deployment automation (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Practical experience with SCRUM and agile methods
In order to be eligible for this role, you must have:
- Fluent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10% of time) depending of project needs.
- Availability to work both from the office and remotely.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.