Junior Software EngineerBucharest, Romania Job ID: R-6739-2021
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
We are looking for a Junior Software Developer C/C++ in Telematics team and you will have the opportunity tod evelop innovative software for automotive industry. Telematics exposes the internal car ecosystem to the Internet: the car becomes an element of the Internet of Things (IoT), offering a new level of access to car’s functionalities and a platform to build additional features in areas such as safety, security, comfort. You will work with concepts like Telematics, 5G and V2X (vehicle-to-everything).
You will be our next colleague responsible for developing the software components.
- Review Software specifications, Architecture and Design documents for the system
- Study and understand customer and internal specifications;
- Develop component design document based on specifications and given SW architecture
- Develop software components (C++/Linux)
- Resolve inconsistencies in case of unclear technical requirements in the specification by direct communication with the responsible internal/external stake-holder
- Perform functional testing of developed source code, participate in code review sessions
- Act according the SW development standards of the automotive industry, in-car applications and software development processes
- Provide root cause analysis for issues, fix these issues and verify effectiveness of given fixes for the software components delivered.
- Debug knowledge using gdb
- Find optimal solutions for specific requirements and propose solutions
- Breakdown complex tasks
- Understand and improve required KPIs
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
- Specify and implement unit tests for developed SW units
- Test software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participate in internal and customer-driven design reviews throughout the program.
- Coordinates software development activities with software team leader.
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with software team leader to implement a resolution.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues in case of need.
- Develop and offer visibility on risk assessment for critical fixes
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other relevant (IT connected) specializations
- At least 2+ years of experience as a software developer with C/C++ knowledge
- Linux expertise
- Experience in developing embedded applications
- Knowledge in inter-process communication, threading, socket communication
- Good English communication skills both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of software development processes
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocol internals
- Automotive experience
- Unified Modeling Language Knowledge
- Knowledge in agile software development methods (SCRUM, SAFe Agile)
- Willingness to travel (0-20% of time) depending on the project necessities
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.