Functional Owner - Network InfrastructureBucharest, Romania Job ID: 121918
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
The Network Infrastructure FO is responsible for the for the management of the system domain to achieve delivery of features and functions within cost, quality, budget and time. Hw coordinates SW Development and is responsible for the SW Delivery activities, SW Architecture, SW integration as well as Stability & Performance.
- Analysis and assessment of customer requirements (RFC, RFI, RFQ) with focus on the basic system software packages and drivers
- Creation of detailed specifications and evaluation of system and software design concepts in close cooperation with CoCs, 3rd party suppliers and customer
- Driving system bring-ups and system integration of low-level software stacks
- System monitoring, profiling, and optimization regarding of startup/boot time, CPU load and memory bandwidth
- Configuration, development and maintenance of embedded Linux systems and Android systems with/without Hypervisor techniques
- Evaluation/verification of system and software design concepts in close cooperation with CoCs, 3rd party suppliers and customer
- Definition and planning of work packages (efforts and resources)
- Support SW developers and SW test engineers in terms of implementation of features, bug-fixes and component tests
- Analysis of trouble tickets, steering actively the bug fixing by technical coordination of all involved parties with multiple dependencies
- Integration of SW components into an existing Yocto build system
- Reporting to project management and customer
- Master degree in Computer Science or other relevant (IT connected) specializations
- At least 5 years of professional experience in software development in C/C++ preferably with focus on embedded Linux and Android systems
- Professional skills in C/C++ and shell programming, Python is beneficial
- Proficient in Linux system configuration (systemd, dbus, kernel configuration, …)
- Proven Knowledge regarding set up of embedded Linux distributions using Open Embedded / Yocto / bitbake
- Proficient with Git, Gerrit Code Review, Subversion, and CMake
- Excellent understanding of Linux system startup and configuration with systemd
- Good understanding of hardware and software architectures
- Proven experience of project management methods and in SW-Engineering – applied knowledge of agile approaches (SCRUM)
- Fluent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Virtualization techniques (VMware, qemu) in combination with Yocto
- Profound understanding in Linux driver development: Ability to maintain existing code
- Strong Experience in security concepts in Linux (e.g. chain of trust, dmverity, namespace isolation, container solutions, hypervisor)
- Knowledge in Ethernet, TCP/IP networking, Linux network configuration, NFS, CIFS
- Knowledge in agile software development methods (SCRUM)
- Willingness to travel (0-20% of time) depending on the project necessities
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.