Digital Cockpit - Functional Owner System LifecycleBucharest, Romania Job ID: R-8124-2021
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
The FO will take full responsibility for coordinating the development team and ensuring the delivery of System Lifecycle/OnOff project features in scope, time, and quality.
The System Lifecycle team is responsible for controlling the general lifetime of the ECU as well as of each and any application, ensuring low-level functional interfaces to applications (e.g display status), correct bring-up and shutdown, incorrect termination handling, and data persistence.
Fulfilling this role, you will be involved in and responsible for the following activities:
- Participate in project-related meetings within HARMAN and directly with the customer
- Participate and drive internal team meetings to ensure delivery of the current tasks and tickets
- Handle System Lifecycle domain tickets tracking: prioritization, estimation, and progress follow-up
- Handle System Lifecycle tasks and change requests tracking: prioritization, estimation, and progress follow-up
- Issue pre-analysis & pre-analysis scripts development
- Perform DOORS specifications handling and maintenance from domain perspective
- Coordinate and improve integration activities of the domain
- Analysis and effort evaluation of customer requirements together with the SW team/architect
- Assure procurement of necessary hardware for the SW development team
- Drive & support the development team to maintain a knowledge base over the project-specific requirements
- Read and assimilate know-how of software specifications, architecture and design documents of the domain.
- Participate in code review sessions.
- Close cooperation with domain SW architect and external suppliers/teams.
To fulfill this role, you are required to have the following qualifications:
- Proactive and autonomous
- Ability to present your current work status to both technical and non-technical persons
- Ability to coach team members
- Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good skills in JIRA or project management related tools
- Familiar with LUA
To fulfill this role, it will be a plus if you have the following qualifications:
- Experience with infotainment/entertainment systems would be a big plus
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other relevant (IT connected) specializations
- Analytical skills and good system understanding in the embedded SW area
- Experience in requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS)
- Familiar with Linux operating system
- Able to develop, maintain and improve software components and services used by the infotainment system (C++/Linux).
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible for this role, you must be:
- Comfortable working within international teams, fluent English communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to speak clearly and fluently and lead technical discussions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.