Data Analyst and ReporterBucharest, Romania Job ID: 120113
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
The position is within HARMAN’s Connected Car Division. This regular level individual will be the responsible of the data entry and analysis of the Business Operations Reporting in regards to the Telematics Buisness Unit Programs. The primary mission is to achieve transparency and synergies between departments and to provide an accurate image of the status of each Domain at all levels. The position will be coordintated by the Operations Reporting Manager.
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Monitor and audit data quality
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualisations
- Collaborate with clients, product managers, and other analysts to develop and review requirements and design
- Ensure the proper functionality of the database including but not limited to: performance, disk space, limited or no data errors, Integrity check
- Facilitate and follow-up on meetings with major stakeholders
Main technologies and tools used:
• Jira, Confluence, WebEx, Outlook, Ms Office, SAP, Project Server, SalesForce
- VBA and SQL Server
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- RESTful Services
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Engineering with an emphasis on Economics
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- German speaking prefered, but not mandatory
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience in a software development project
- Technical or functional knowledge in SW Development and of SW Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of Agile SCRUM methodology
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
• Capacity to develop and document procedures and workflows
• Experience of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques
• Logical and structured thinking with the ability to explain in plain terms
- Strong oral and written communication skills for interfacing with clients and other departments
- Comfortable in proactively communicating with others both within and outside of the immediate team to resolve issues and get questions answered
- Ability to multi-task, triage issues, react well to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills, inquisitive approach
- Ability to work independently to resolve complex issues in a timely manner
• Willingness to travel (1-2 times/ year)
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.