Cybersecurity Test & Automation EngineerBochum, North Rhine-Westphalia Additional Location: Bochum, Germany Job ID: R-7413-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Work Location: Garching, Germany
About the Role
As a Cybersecurity Test & Automation Engineer, you will be responsible to design an implementation of testing concepts for highly complex embedded systems for cybersecurity in the automotive industry.
You will use a range of cybersecurity concepts, and software development skills to implement testing and automation frameworks for a unique projects dedicated to the automotive industry.
You will define metrics and run tests to validate the functionality and robustness of delivered software.
In your work, you will be involved in multiple projects with diversified technologies such as CAN networks, computer networks, mobile networks, embedded and application programming, and multiple operating systems; in addition, as a Cybersecurity Test & Automation Engineer you will be highly exposed to the automotive cybersecurity world.
What You Will Do
- Develop automation frameworks for testing cybersecurity products.
- Setup cybersecurity products on top of existing automotive components.
- Testing cyber security products for integrity and functionality.
- Research and explore new environments – such as new automotive architectures, and cyber security approaches.
- Implement and monitor QA processes and performance metrics using different tools
What You Need
- At least 2 years of experience in automation development
- At least 2 years of experience of executing test suites and reporting test results
- B.Sc in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or in related topics
- Advanced analytical skills in analyzing logs and finding error causes
- Ability to debug and detect application errors
- Experience with scripting tools.
- A quick learner, ready to work in a fast paced, multidisciplinary environment and tools
- Experience in test scenarios execution and reporting
What is Nice to Have
- Experience in embedded systems / network systems / or similar
- Experience in software security testing or “White Hat Hacking”
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Devops skills (CI,CD)
- Experience with penetration testing
What Makes You Eligible
- Good interpersonal and remote communication skills with teams and customers
- Goal and quality oriented.
- Ability to travel abroad.
- Willing to work on time critical projects.
Good English communication is mandatory
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)