Cybersecurity ArchitectBochum, Germany Job ID: R-12518-2022
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
Our newly established Automotive Cybersecurity Practice is looking for a skilled Cyber Security Architect. You will report directly to CS Practice Lead. You will be responsible for analyzing and designing security concepts
and measures for automotive systems, from network- and architecture level to embedded systems protection.
You will design system architectures according to cybersecurity best practices. This includes performing TARAs
for software & hardware, cyber security hardening, reviewing new and existing systems’ designs and evaluating
their security impact, while implementing HARMAN specific and international standards and methodologies.
Finally, you support our customers in introducing a Secure Development Life Cycle (SDL).
You will contribute directly to customer programs and work in the Security Consultants team reporting to the
Head of the Cybersecurity Practice in Lodz.
In addition, as a practice employee, you will be highly exposed to the rapidly growing automotive cybersecurity
What You Will Do
- Work within an interdisciplinary and international Architects team of dealing with various architecture domains, including- and beyond cybersecurity
- Work very closely with European Automotive OEMs
- Analyze SW architectures for connected ECUs
- Design security concepts and measures for the designated projects from network and architecture level and to solve cyber security challenges during the execution of the projects.
- refactor and extend legacy SW architectures toward cybersecurity compliance
- Customer Requirements & Change Request Analysis, Elicitation, Triage, Decomposition
- Impact analysis of hardware changes
- Perform Threat Analysis and Risk Assessment (TARA) define attack vectors, define and review: security requirements, security testing requirements and implementation guidance.
- Design software with compliance with WP.29 VTA
- Design software with ISO-21434 standard compliance
- Support Security Development Lifecycle projects with customers
- Implementation reviews with respect to security
- Participate actively with external industry working groups in the formation of new Cyber Security
- Standards for Automotive
What You Need
- Degree in computer science, or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in automotive SW architecture in relevant automotive domains like Telematics and infotainment
- At least 5 years working experience in cybersecurity
- Hands-on experience in the creation of E2E SW architectures
- Knowledge of in-car and backend communication protocols like MQTT, SOME-IP, Ethernet, CAN, Bluetooth, WiFi
- Broad and deep knowledge in a variety of System- and SW Architecture domains (Automotive expertise, Linux, SW Partitioning, Power Management, Resource usage estimations, Protocols, etc.)
- Experience with AUTOSAR (Classic)
- Hands-on experience with Atlassian Jira, IBM Rhapsody or Enterprise Architect
- Experience in applying regulations and standards, like ISO21434 and WP .29
- Experience in applied cryptography
- Hands on experience in TPM and TEE (Qualcomm and ARM Architectures)
- Hands on experience in TLS 1.2, 1.3 DTLS, SSL
- Hands on experience in cryptographic algorithms like RSA, ECC, SM2 and good understanding of Key Exchange algorithms.
- Hands on experience in CVSS vulnerability and CVE analysis
- Should have worked on Automotive cyber security with product lifecycle experience. Hands on experience in various crypto libraries like OpenSSL, BoringSSL, BouncyCastle is required.
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Fluent English language skill is mandatory. Good German knowledge is a plus.
What is Nice to Have
- Deep understanding of firewalls and VLANs are added advantages.
- Certifications - candidate will have Cyber security certifications and background like but not limited to :Certified information system security professional (CISSP)Certified information system architecture professional (ISSAP)Information security management systems – ISO 2700 “Checkpoint” certification CCSA, CCSE, and CCMSP
- Ethical hacker certification
- Experience handling different types of hardware and operating systems
- Experience in code design concept and measures for automotive systems from network, architecture level
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.