Director, Customer Product Owner LBS Engg (f/m/d)Böblingen, Germany Job ID: 117746 Additional locations: None
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
- Provides strategic direction in defining core/platform engineering and Daimler custom extension, testing and validation for Location-based services
- Provide thought leadership for Navigation-related technologies
- Define and Manage Daimler requirements through the organization in to products
- Prioritize all OEM requirements in to single prioritized requirement for Engg
- Manage tradeoffs against time, budget and customer demands
- Manage Daimler for final product delivery
- Main spokesperson for LBS engg outside of Engg Dept including working with product management, CPM, CBU and for specifically for Daimler
- Constant interaction with the customer, product management & CPM, including Gemba walks, end-user interviews and surveys, brainstorming, trade studies, market research, defect management
- Define High-level vision, constant product and solution backlog refinement and informal face-to-face communication with teams
- Reprioritized at every PI boundary via WSJF, constant scope triage at every iteration boundary
- Play a primary role in Iteration and PI demos, acceptance criteria and fitness for purpose understood
- Uphold the definition of done for all Daimler deliverables resulting in high customer satisfaction
- Work with System Architect/Engineering to Define and understand Enabler work – identify technical risks, groom the requirements
- Define Release, iteration content and planning for Daimler as well as for other OEMs
- People Responsibilities
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
- Process Responsibility
- Build a Lean-Agile organization
- Work with APMO organization to implement Scaled agile process
- Support SAFe metrics and reporting
- Deliver superior results based on the division goals.
- Significant experience managing large technology development projects
- 10+ years related technical experience in project management or engineering management in LBS
- 10+ years of experience leading large engineering/software development organizations
- 15+ years related technical experience
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach senior level, technical leaders
- Proven effectiveness in leading international organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Ph.D., MSEE, MBA is desirable
- Excellent command of project and process management tools
- Be part of an international team working with the world's largest automotive manufacturers
- Attractive salary package
- Employer contribution to company pension plan
- Training on the job and technical trainings
- Career development opportunities
- A great package of additional benefits such as
- flexible working time
- allowance for public transportation
- language courses
- sport events like B2Run or a skiing trip
- daily lunch allowances
- employee discounts on our HARMAN (JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon) and Samsung products
- and much more.
The position is vacant in Böblingen near Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.