Tools EngineeringBengaluru, India Job ID: 118238
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
This engineer is responsible for defining best in class DevOps processes, analyzing devops process gaps. The engineer must be capable of developing and analyzing specifications and requirements, developing unit designs, developing unit test plans, integration test plans and verifying functionality. The engineer will be responsible for the end-to-end functionality for software development.
- Expert knowledge of software development tools (SCM, Release Management, Unit Test, Integration Test, SW Validation, emulators, compilers, software testing, etc).
- Expert knowledge of software development processes.
- Ability to read schematics.
- Working knowledge of embedded and PC operating systems.
- Expert at requirements and specifications analysis and translates these into software designs.
- Participates in and leads project reviews.
- Provide technical leadership and set priorities/work assignments for the DevOps team.
- Work with off-shore development teams to support software/DevOps activity.
- Create and maintain DevOps development plans and schedules.
- Responsible for tracking, implementing and leading the team in technical DevOps improvements.
- Responsible for training for DevOps tools and process.
- Communicate and interface directly to the DevOps customers.
- Identifies DevOps requirements and performance issues. Work with internal and external teams as necessary to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Manages large projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process.
- Works with DevOps customers to define requirements and to resolve issues.
- Define and coordinate DevOps technical priorities.
- Lead and define improvements for DevOps
- Perform work in ticket system to address maintenance and support issues.
- Interface with organization to coordinate implementation and support.
- 3+ years of software development providing technical leadership in a DevOps role.
- 3+ years of C or other structured language.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Experienced implementing and supporting DevOps software development toolchain (compiler, smoke test, code review, unit test, Static / Dynamic analysis tools, Release management, Software configuration management, validation test, etc).
- Experienced with technical leadership of other engineers in the development of software.
- Experienced working with and/or leading off-shore development teams.
- Experienced with development and management of project schedules.
- Experienced in developing effort estimates.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects.
- Capable project management and time management skills.
- Ability to evangelize and promote project ideas to get support in a business environment
Please list the preferred qualifications and ideal behaviors needed for this position based on the following:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Expertise in multiple DevOps toolchains. Ex: Jira, IBM Rational, HPE, etc.
- Experience developing DevOps tools and/or Compilers
- Experience with embedded development
- DevOps Institute certified.
List specific location of position and % of willingness to travel
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time.
- Willingness to work in an office in Novi, MI or Querataro, MX
- HARMAN will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.