Systems Architect, Architecture Group, GTC Base SWBengaluru, India Job ID: 120318 Additional locations: None
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
- Provide technical leadership, Solution architecture, and guidance in the area of Software Engineering for Middleware, stacks, hardware abstractions, drivers and communication logics for Automotive Digital cockpit and similar systems.
- Collaborate with Global teams, both OEs (Harman Customers) and Internal Customer Program teams to realize the right technical solution, for a given set of customer requirements. And, at the same time not dilute re-usability/common-platform criteria.
- Lend technical expertise in engaging OEs (Harman Customers) offer the right solution; determine/decide the right architecture and approach for the above mentioned areas. Support the team architecturally and design wise, where necessary to mentor and support the team in delivering critical deliverables
- Associated basic infrastructure components – operating system (Linux / Android)
- Low level software that deals with the fundamental Hardware-Software Interface
- Interactions with the Hardware and systems design domains to understand plan and design the requisite infrastructure.
- Lend technical expertise in engaging OEs (Harman Customers) offer the right solution; determine/decide the right
- Contribute hands-on development in the above areas, for all activities viz., Architecture conceptualization, Design and Development for reusable software
- Ensure that activities achieve quality, cost and delivery targets.
- Be a core member of Software Engineering process initiatives like ASPICE
- Proactively identify and feed into the respective stakeholder any issues that need attention from the business.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including geographically separate/virtual teams across Harman’s R&D centres.
- Work closely with the key stakeholders for technical enablement of the business
- Provide strong technical leadership which role models Harman values and demonstrates cultural awareness.
Basic Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- Engineering graduate with 12+ years of experience
- Proficient in C/C++ Programming, Android/Java programming
- Proficient in analyzing system level requirements and define best suited Solution Architecture at platform level for Automotive Digital Cockpit and similar systems
- Good knowledge in Software Design/Architecture modeling tools such as Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect
- Strong in RTOS and GPOS concepts and good proficiency in real time multi-core multi-threaded software design and development.
- Should have strong understanding and development experience on POSIX like OS
- Good knowledge of embedded systems architecture, Peripheral Interfaces like PCIe, USB, I2C, I2S, SPI, UART etc
- Good knowledge of Open source components used in Automotive Digital cockpit systems
- Should have prior experience on Architecting software for different Automotive SoCs.
- Should have good understanding of Software/System Security aspects for Automotive Digital cockpit systems
- Should have exceptional debugging skills using both JTAG based, post-mortem debug using GDB or similar debuggers etc.
- Should be fluent in reading/understanding hardware block diagrams and schematics
- Should be fluent in using test and measurement equipment like Oscilloscopes and Logic Analyzers
- Should be able to work independently, contribute to requirements reviews, analysis of customer change requests, analysis of existing designs and also development of new designs in the field of Systems Software Design
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.