Sr Project Manager I, SW - Cluster / Infotainment/ AutomotiveBengaluru, India Job ID: 117463
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Job Title: Sr Project Manager – Cluster / Infotainment/ Automotive
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position will have supervisory responsibility.
- The candidate shall play techno-managerial role
- The candidate shall shoulder responsibility of building, planning, managing, driving and executing SW development team executing India projects out of HARMAN Bangalore office
- The candidate shall be accountable for quality, schedule, monitor and delivery of SW for India projects within the allocated budget
- Provide project cock-pit updates to senior management on reqular basis of India projects
- Responsible for billing, managing, goal setting and development needs of India SW development team
- The candidate will be the liaison between the SW development teams spread across geographic locatons (China, Germany, US,…) and in India, and will work with program management team in IDC to ensure good communication and data flow both ways
- The candidate will be the liaison between the SW development teams in India and also Hardware Qualification and HW team located in China to ensure good communication and data flow both ways
- The candidate will be the liaison between the SW development teams in India and also manufacturing plant in China to ensure good communication and data flow both ways
- Work with customers and program teams to triage incoming requests, issues and disperse them promptly to the appropriate development teams
- Work with testing groups in India to identify sufficient coverage as per the requirements
- Conduct regular team meetings involving multiple cross-functional stake holders and appraise the status of the overall program development
- Exposure to quality standards (ASPICE, ISO, CMMi) etc… is a plus. Will need to drive teams to adhere to HARMAN defined standards,processes and ensure good practices are established
- Key liaison with customers, represent and attend organization/program teams in customer meetings
- Support CPM and CBU departments on new business and existing prospects
Basic Qualifications and Desired Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Science Engineering (or equivalent).
- Minimum 10 years experience in embedded domain – Automotive Cluster is preferred.
- Familiarity with overall product development life cycle - Automotive domain is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with project planning is preferred.
- Good knowledge of Hardware, software embedded system concepts and architecture.
- Able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong team player and ability to handle multiple projects inventively.
- Self-motivated; results-driven individual.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.