Sr Principal Engineer, SW - ADAS SystemsBengaluru, India Job ID: 120308 Additional locations: None
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
This position is within Harman Connected Car Division, located in Bangalore, India. In this position you will be part of a global team, who will design and develop features for ADAS products. These features will support NCAP 2020 guidelines as well as support autonomous driving levels in conjunction with other vehicle sensors and systems. The ideal candidate will have good analytical skills, knowledge of engineering discipline, and experience in vision related ADAS functions.
- Be a key driver to lead technical solutions, architecture and designs of our ADAS products
- Work with architects, engineers, designers, testers and managers in multiple locations as needed to help integrate and productize the solution
- Perform code reviews and other activities to ensure high-quality results
- Participate and drive solutions in a dynamic and highly demanding environment
- Design modules that will meet the requirements of today and scale up for future requirements
- Create and document software and modules architecture
- Stay up to date with current trends and technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineer/Computer Science
- 10+ years of experience in C \ C++ and embedded systems
- Experience in porting and optimizing of Signal/Image processing algorithms
- Strong in RTOS skills (SysBios/Linux/QNX) and proficient in real time multi threaded software design and development
- Hands on experience in Python is an advantage
- Hands on experince on ADAS.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies and test driven development
- Exposure to cross platform development frameworks
- Deep knowledge of embedded device constraints and how to root cause or debug issues through the entire SW development life cycle
- Experience in system performance optimization
- Well versed in design patterns
- Experienced in creation of high quality cross platform reusable software.
- Self motivated, result driven individual, must be passionate about the work
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
Leadership: Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
Change Orientation:Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
Collaboration: Connect, engage and communicate with others
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
Judgment: Make sound decisions
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
Results-Driven: Deliver extraordinary results
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- Willingness to work in an office located in Bangalore, India.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.