Sr.Engineer II, SW, Android WIFIBengaluru, India Job ID: 119995 Additional locations: None
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
A technical person with basic knowledge and understanding of project management and planning.
Experience is representing the domain in technical forums and in customer interactions
- Understand the requirements and design & develop SW for wifi connectivity solution for automotives platform
- Understand the existing features/code and be able debug and solve bugs reported.
- Contribute towards the continuous improvement of existing solution and bring them in the new solutions.
- Task definition, documentation (High level design, Component design) implementation, code reviews and testing of functinality. coordination of work packages with other domains
- Work alongside with architects, engineers, designers, testers and product managers in multiple locations as needed to help integrate and productize the solution
- Implementing SW in C and Java in Linux kernel and Andoid framework
- Stay up to date with current trends and technologies.
- Represent domain in meetings with customers/cross team discussions
- Prepare status reports for reporting to management and customer
- Creation/planning of tasks and features in ALM
- Maintainence of TRS portal.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer/Electronics Engineering or equivalent from premier institutes
- 10+ years of experience in embedded SW development
- 5+ years of experience in working with Android Framework architecture and Native layers
- Good C , C++ , Java Programming skills
- Good OS and RTOS concepts
- Experience in Multithreaded programming
- Technology Enthusiast with overall work in Embedded and/or Networking Domain
- Excellent communication and coordination skills while working in multi-site environment
- Expertise in Android OS
- Experience in AOSP Development preferably on WiFi Platform
- Experienice in Linux/Android based projects
- Good knowledge on Android HAL
- Good Knowledge on Android Native platform and native components such as wpa_supplicant and hostapd.
- Understanding of Overall Android architecture.
- Experience in WiFi and related modules is a must
- Well organized, meticulous good at understanding the big picture.
- Strong team player with ability to handle multiple projects.
- Self-motivated, results driven individual, passionate about technology
- Able to guide and groom junior engineers for technical tasks
- Confident in representing the team in technical forums and able to drive technical discussions.
- Experience in project planning and tracking.
- Understanding of various bus technologies like: SDIO, PCI, PCIe, Cardbus is desirable
- Experience in analyzing air sniffer logs and resolving issues at the protocol level
- Experience in WLAN QOS (WMM), Power-Save mechanisms
- Good understanding of WirelessLAN controllers and various Host Controller functionality partitioning mechanisms( Full MAC, Partial MAC etc)
- Good understanding of automotive infotainment domains especially connectivity
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- Willingness to work in an office located in Bangalore, India.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.