Sr. Engineer I, V&VBengaluru, India Job ID: R-3006-2021
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
This position is within Harman Automotive Division and is located in Bangalore, India. In this position you will you will have a responsibility to contribute to design and execute Harman’s strategy for test and validation for surround view product. The ideal candidate will have good analytical skills, significant validation experience of ADAS products and the experience of working with global development and validation team.
- Develop test strategies for ADAS products for all V&V stages.
- Design , maintain and execute test cases to ensure product quality.
- Responsible to setup test and demo vehicles including the installation of reference and logging systems, mechanical and electrical parts, based on defined installation plans
- Travel to customers or trade shows for product demonstrations and test drives
- Experience in Requirements Mgmt Tools like DOORS, ALM
- Ensure Process compliance with respect to Process ASPICE
- Support in testing activities for such as Test Planning,Execution and Monitoring.
- Work with architects, engineers, designers, testers and managers in multiple locations as needed.
- Design , develop and maintain test infrastructure such as HiL, SiL.
- Participate and drive solutions in a dynamic and highly demanding environment.
- Contribute to Elicitate, analyse and groom software and system requirements
- Develop strategies for Effort Reduction,Resuse and Automation.
- Ensure the KPIs defined by leadership is achieved.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineer/Computer Science
- 6+ years of experience in Testing methodologies for ADAS Systems.
- Worked on projects practising ASPICE standards and processes.
- Experience with vehicle integration of electronic components and sensors (Power mgmt., vehicle bus systems, physical connectors and mounting of components, hands-on vehicle modification)
- Hands on experience in python or CAPL.
- Hands on experience in testing with HiL/SiL/MiL.
- Experience with Vector,DSpace tool chain.
- Experience with requirement management tools e.g. Doors
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies and test driven development
- Ability to work effectively within a global matrix environment
- Self motivated, result driven individual, must be passionate about the work
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.