Sr. Data ScientistBengaluru, India Job ID: R-6508-2021
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Our Analytics Services group has an open, full-time position in the Bangalore region for a Senior Data scientist within the CPG/Retail vertical. The particular individual will be working with our clients on new product development/ new solution development for the Client Engagment team
- Evaluate different statistical approaches for developing the analytical solution. Candidate should be well versed in executing statistical models on Regression, Ancova, Factor analysis, Cluster analysis, Text based mining, and similar modeling approaches.
- Evaluate model effectiveness and ability to translate the statistical requirements into excel based examples.
- Candidate should be proficient in writing good code in Python
- Proficient with manipulating big data using Python, SQL. A high comfort level with data manipulation and extraction of meaningful insights from large data and prior experience of working with large data is a plus.
- Candidate should have good working knowledge on AI/ML and should have applied these techniques in some of their recent projects
- Excellent data interpretation skills. Experience in using charting/reporting
- Being creative in identifying new techniques and processes to streamline and increase efficiency and effectiveness of current work-streams is a plus.
- High level of attention to detail and problem solving
Professional Experience required
- Post graduate degree in Economics, MBA, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Quantitative Analysis, or related field
- Prior experience of working with senior client audiences. This position requires experience on working with senior level client audiences
- 8-10 years of work experience in Advanced Analytics.
- Strong statistical and quantitative analysis skills. Knowledge of Statistical Analysis techniques which are used in Marketing analytics.
- Should have basic knowledge of market research & any specific knowledge on Retail and FMCG/CPG/Pharma industry will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge on Retailer loyalty card data/Store transaction level data will be an added advantage.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.