Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer/Lead EngineerBengaluru, India Job ID: R-17344-2022
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
What will you do at Tejas/Responsibility:
The candidate will be part Software Development team working on Tejas next generation line of transport products, converging Packet Optical and Career Ethernet technologies in evolutionary ultra-high capacity platform. He/she will be taken through product and technology training and mentoring programs in Tejas. Starting as an individual contributor engaged in design and implementation of complex software features, a capable and committed candidate may be able to pick up the role of development owner of specific modules and grow into a team lead, guiding a group of developers, and defining product specifications and architecture to meet the requirements driven by business and technology.
Experience and skill set:
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Electronics or Electrical Engineering from reputed institutes,
• 2 to 7 years of relevant working experience in networking or telecommunication domain,
• Extensive coding experience in C/C++ language on Linux based embedded platforms,
• Strong knowledge in multi-threading, IPC, Synchronization,
• Extensive experience in device driver, hardware abstraction, device initialization and event handling, Linux kernel internals, boot loader, flow of control between kernel and application spaces. Experience in inducting boards into existing systems from scratch.
• Analytical skills – experience in troubleshooting design and coding issues involving impairments in application and kernel,
• In-depth understanding of processor complex, CPU buses (e.g. x86, PCIe), serial interfaces (PMBus, I2C, SPI), in-system programing of device firmware. Experience of working with third party SDK modules with application code.
• Deep understanding of controller redundancy, high availability of system, graceful handling of user triggered events and system failures. Desired Qualifications:
• Networking drivers, control plane, L2 and L3 protocol stack
• Experience of having worked in Scrum/Agile processes
• Proficiency in one or more scripting languages
• Interpersonal skills and great teamwork, high level of energy and dedication to become part of a winning combination.
Detailed job description
• Feature design, implementation, unit testing and verification support for the sub-system. Ensure quality in all deliverables and compliance with processes and practices at all stages of development life cycle,
• Troubleshooting of product issues seen in lab and field, collaborate with various teams to identify specific configurations and scenarios to reproduce defects and arrive at the root cause.
• Be comfortable with usage of various tools/practices (including development or assessment of new tools/methodologies) as appropriate.
• Highly capable developers may be expected to develop deep understanding of product and software architecture, evolve into single point contact to upstream and downstream stakeholders – PLM, hardware, firmware and QA teams - for requirements, design and implementation related issues pertaining to the module/sub-system. He/she may be able to identify gaps in architecture/design and proactively work towards resolution, including conceptualization of new features and process level changes
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.