Senior Support EngineerBengaluru, Karnataka, India Job ID: RR-29813
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Role and Responsibility
Job Responsibilities: List the professional and/or technical competencies needed when performing the key responsibilities of the position. Explain the degree to which this position affects the business (i.e. making decisions, defining or setting strategy, etc.). Please further explain the breadth of the impact this position has (i.e. affects own team, department, function, division, geography, etc.).
- Evaluating, troubleshooting, debugging, identifying root cause and resolving issues/ addressing customer needs in timely manner.
- Adherence to customer SLAs
- Work in rotational shifts.
- Candidate will be accountable and responsible for technical requirement and communication with client in the shift, handling P1 / P2 issues, or any direct project work allocated to him/her.
- Taking ownership of task, resolving the same and co-ordinate with other team members even outside of shift.
- Mentoring / training other team members as well creating technical documentation.
Basic Qualifications: List the minimum and desired education (including degrees, licenses, certification or registrations) and experience needed to perform the key responsibilities of the position.
- Experienced L2 Support Engineer with 3-5 yrs experience
- Candidate should be a Graduate and from computer science background
- Linux certification
- Certifications on AWS is desirable not mandatory
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies: Please list the preferred qualifications and ideal behaviors needed for this position based on the following:
- 24X7 rotational shifts (including night shifts and Weekend/holiday support)
- Must have production support experience as requirement is 24X7X365 production support for client environment.
- Hands on experience on Linux L3 support including RH Linux, CentOS & CoreOS system administration, OS configuration and troubleshooting, experience on live server support and troubleshooting.
- Experience on Apache/Nginx, Tomcat, Redis, HiveMQ, Kafka, Jenkins, GitLab, Shell Scripting, Network and Server monitoring tool like Prometheus/Grafan, Nagios, ICINGA etc. is required.
- Experience with Jenkins, Docker containers, Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of VPN, CIDR/Blocks, Security Groups
- Demonstrable knowledge of CD and CI process and framework for latest fixes, patches etc with at least one configuration tool like Puppet/Chef/Ansible
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, Postgre, Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Sound knowledge on AWS Infrastructure management, experience on AWS EC2, S3, DynamoDB, VPC, Cloudformation etc service is must. Must know configuration and set up of AWS services, troubleshooting the live environment issues, architecting AWS environment based on the requirement as well can co-ordinate with enterprise support.
- Experience with intrusion detection systems and server security hardening
- Excellent communication and customer handling skills. Understanding and adherence to customer SLAs
- Good to have Compliance understanding such as ITIL,ISO 27001 or SOX
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)