Senior Software Engineer - Android FrameworkBangalore, Karnataka Job ID: RR-30086
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Role and Responsibility
- Senior Software Engineer-Android Framework development
5 to 8 years of experience·
As Senior Engineer, they will be expected to function as a lead on some projects and mentor less experienced engineers and interns.
· The person most successful in this position will have a strong understanding of operating systems such as Android and LINUX; BSP development; and driver development. He/she should also have a solid knowledge of and experience in embedded C/C++; passion for developing new products, and experience working the complete SW development life cycle.
· The person will have a working knowledge of Android-based systems, and a very good understanding of architectures. Prior experience of working on Linux Kernel drivers, Multimedia, Graphics and/or other Android HALs is an added advantage.
· Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
· Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
· Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
· Participates in internal and customer-driven design reviews throughout the program.
· Coordinates software development activities with the software team leader.
· Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with the software team leader to negotiate a resolution.
· Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
· 5 years of software development
· Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
· Experience working in the field of embedded systems with familiarity in OSes like Android, Linux, QNX or other UNIX based systems.
· Experience working on the core Android stack, especially with the framework, HAL, and or Linux kernel.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)