Director-Software Configuration ManagementBengaluru, India Job ID: 119641 Additional locations: None
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
Lead the global software Configuration Management team
This position will have supervisory responsibility. The position includes the leadership of a global team, consisting of up to 15 members.
- Leader of the global Software Configuration Management team
- Experienced in Build and Integration Mgmt. tools as well as Software Configuration, Code Analysis and Unit Test tools such as (but not limited to) Perforce, Bamboo, Bitbucket, VectorCast, Crucible, Fisheye, Codesonar, Subversion, PCLint, FlexeLint, Jenkins, Git, BlackDuck, etc.
- Create strategies and solutions for Software Configuration Management to the need of the global stakeholders, considering the company strategy, methods and processes along the V-model
- Communicate, collaborate and consult within a global matrix organization with supportive teams, various stakeholders (all hierarchy levels), different disciplines, external teams and partners
- Proactively manage change requests in the CCB and balance out standard vs. specific solutions in collaboration with up- and down-stream tool-teams and process teams
- Establish changes for SCM globally according to harmonization initiatives considering customer specific tailorings
- Contribute to the Continuous Improvement Process, create synergy effects and increase effective and efficient working wherever possible
- Administrate the tools and their integrations from a business point of view (Roles, Access Rights, Policies, Documentation, etc.).
- Train and support all CPMs and CoC teams to use the Software Configuration Management Tools as defined
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years of Software Configuration Management with hands-on experience configuring, implementing and establishing tools, their environment, reporting views and interfaces
- 5+ years of experience in team leading
- 3+ years of proven project management, certification like PMI preferred
- Experience in Variant- and Change Management
- Experience to administrate a SCM tools including its Roles, Access Rights, Policies, Documentation and extended knowledge about the IT Infrastructure
- Experience to work in a global environment with knowledge about the Automotive Tier 1 Product Lifecycle
- Experience with multiple software development models including Agile, Iterative and Waterfall.
- Experience with collaborating with developers and test teams to identify logical extension points for automated testing, post-build smoke tests, etc.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts and solutions in clear, concise and easily readable format by both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with third party vendors and their support departments to aid issue resolution.
- Proficiency in Software Configuration Management.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Logical and structured thinking with the ability to explain complexity simple.
- Absolut self-managed and systematic way of working.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to “look over the border”
- Excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Responsible character.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Any offer of employment for any position that requires use of a HARMAN or customer owned vehicle is contingent upon the applicant having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in Harman’s sole discretion; however, applicants may have no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and applicants must have no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.