Senior Manager -II, LegalBangalore, India Job ID: 119723 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
Harman is looking to hire a smart senior attorney to support their India operations. This position will primarily be the lead attorney for the fastest growing consumer business and also handle other divisions within India operations. The role is based in Bangalore and report to Senior Director- Legal, India & APAC and be part of Harman’s global legal department.
- Handle legal & regulatory issues pertaining to Harman’s highly driven market growth and business operations in India. Able to provide legal advice relating to general corporate and commercial laws. Sound knowledge of laws and regulations that are relevant to the company’s business and policies is essential.
- Monitor legislation and regulatory changes, and advise the implementation of policies and procedures in line with the new legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- In depth knowledge and firsthand experience in handling review and negotiation of complex commercial contracts, software licensing, distributor, dealer, channel partner contracts, service agreements, consultant and vendor contracts.
- Draft, negotiate and manage terms and conditions for marketing and promotional campaigns, events, celebrity endorsements and advertisements.
- Familiar with laws and regulations relating to e-commerce, FDI and consumer protection laws.
- Collaborate and closely work with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR functions.
- Prior experience in handling IPR, including IP enforcement will be preferable.
- Sound knowledge in employment laws, practices and policies.
- Drive legal compliance including compliance with laws relating to anti bribery, e-waste, legal metrology.
- Develop internal legal policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance.
- Oversee and supervise the external counsel and manage the external counsel engagement in an effective manner.
Law Degree from a reputable law school.
- LLB with strong with strong academic performance and from top law school.
- 10+ years of previous experience and at least 6-8 years in-house experience preferably in retail/ e-commerce/ technology organisation.
- Ability to work well in a global multi-layered organization.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Having a proactive, goal-oriented approach to decision making.
- Result driven culture; ensure global goals and targets are translated operationally.
- Makes decisions based on assessment of facts and evaluating risks.
- Demonstrate a proactive and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Having respect for colleagues.
- Offer best legal service and support.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization.
- Responsibility and accountability.
- Able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Adapt local policy and practice in line with changing environment and requirements.
- Proven ambassador of change and relentless pursuit of results and excellence.
- Act as a change management expert and enabler on various projects and programs across the business.
- Provide exceptional service and quality to external and internal customer.
- Ensure legal function adopts a customer service philosophy for all stakeholders.
- Offer the highest level of legal service to the organization as a whole.
Self-Awareness: Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Highly self aware and able to adapt personal style depending on task and situation.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them.
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 50 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In 2017, HARMAN became a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)