Senior EngineerBangalore, Karnataka Additional Location: Bengaluru, India Job ID: R-3429-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Designation: Senior Engineer (Java and Cloud Microservices)
Experience: 4 to 7 years
Purpose of the Role:
Looking for Senior Engineer with strong experience in Java and Microservices architecture knowledge, to build the next generation of Cloud and Edge Platform and Solutions. You will enable massive scale, self-managing cloud IoT applications that can be operated in the cloud, enable secure interconnection for millions of devices to and from the cloud, and develop distributed systems capable of scaling to millions of transactions per second at sub-second latencies.
A proven technical export with initiative, excellent problem solving, low level design, coding, and debugging skills to help us deliver large scale projects. This is an excellent opportunity to challenge yourself, grow your career and influence the next generation of distributed systems platform.
- Create a technical low-level design documents to communicate solutions that will be implemented by the development team
- Closely work with DevOps and able to setup/build Cloud Micro-services from scratch.
- Create generic framework, which can be used for multiple modules.
- Work with other engineers to ensure that designs and code meet both tactical and technology standards/guidelines.
- Must follow the guidelines and process, best practices, and leveraging metrics to ensure effectiveness.
- Involve technical POCs to implementing solutions with the help of Technical Leaders/Architects.
- Lead by influence, and mentor other engineers
- Build tools and capabilities to facilitate application lifecycle operations like upgrades with no downtime, rollback, operational data collection, real-time monitoring, self-healing, and repair
- Build best in class application software and services for our SaaS technology Platform.
- Leverage Agile principles and practices to deliver the highest possible quality, performance and feature velocity .
Essential Skill Set:
- B.E./B. Tech degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 8 Plus years’ full stack java related development experience building testable enterprise grade platform and applications, and 5+ years’ experience with microservices.
- 5+ years of Software Low Level Design, Development, Design Patterns, Object oriented design, layered architectures, distributed systems and Micro-services architecture.
- In-depth understanding of API design and implementation using and developing Web services/RESTful APIs using JAX-RS, JSON
- Expert knowledge in Java and SpringBoot is a MUST
- Understanding cloud native technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, capable to cover full development lifecycle including CI/CD
- Experience with Data stores such as MongoDB, Containers, and Cloud-native technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, etc
- Strong familiarity with web servers and load balancing technologies.
- Experience in use of source code management system like SVN or GIT and build tools like ant, maven, Gradle or make.
- Good experience on unit test framework like Junit and code coverage tools like SonarQube/JaCoCo
- Understands the fundamentals of agile methodologies – TDD, iterative development, SCRUM, XP, continuous integration.
- Experience using tools such as Jira, Git, GitHub, Jenkins/CruiseControl.
Desired Skill Set:
- Strong Knowledge on Java and Microservices around any cloud (AWS) is a must.
- Strong hands-on on Setup/Build Cloud Solutions and closely work with DevOps
- Critical thinkers/working with Team
- Experience with Android Apps design & development is a plus.
- Experience with web based technologies, such as CSS3, HTML5 and AJAX.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, Documentation skills needed/ Swagger a plus
- Reinforces team approach throughout development efforts.
- Supports and solicits input from team members.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)