Program Manager Product DevelopmentBengaluru, India Job ID: R-16127-2022
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
What You Will Do :
- A Technical Program manager will be responsible for providing leadership for technical activities at the system level for an automotive infotainment and telematics product development to not only deliver the current program but also help in the future business pursuits.
- Planning, execution and development of Infotainment projects ,Manage customer relationships, Responsible for evaluation and development of team members.
- Should be technically strong to involve into discussion with Customer’s technical team, having knowledge on complete product development which covers all aspects hardware, software, mechanical, product validations, launches\ SOPs
- Complete Program accountability for the success of products in terms of timely delivery, quality and customer satisfaction .Review of product validation, Product compliance\certifications plan
- Ensure overall success and profitability of the project, Own and maintain the budget, scope and program schedule. Manage program risk proactively, identify program risks and coordinate meetings with multi discipline functions to address risks before they become issues. Evaluate project management processes and metrics to track and measure project success. (Manage all program/product delivery elements).
- Provide weekly program status updates via the standard template. Represent the program to Sr. Leadership during program, quality and operations reviews. Lead the program adherence to follow standard Harman processes and maintain program and customer-related documentation.
- Be the primary escalation point for both internal and external program communications. Set direction and influence cross-department engagement for program execution and drive synchronization across multiple program teams. Responsible for prioritizing and communicating the customer requirements within the organization and interface with multiple groups within to ensure customer’s requirement expectations are being met.
- The role will be responsible for Planning and managing the program end to end, which caters to hardware, mechanical and software.
- Should be involved into technical role to reviewing product requirements and involved into understanding of high-level architectural specifications, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms.
What You Need :
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electronics\Computerscience\Instrumentation\Mechatronics)
- 12 to 16 years of overall experience of which at least 5 years should be for complete product development in the domains of telematics and infotainment ,Must have experience from product conceptualization, Design, Development to successful launch. 5+ years as an engineering manager experience.
- He\she should have experience in Software as well as hardware products including embedded software design and development on Linux based systems
- Experience with design and delivery for an automotive OEM Recent significant systems/software experience with complex development cycles that span multiple release versions.
- Must be able to articulate vision and influence decision making outcomes with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, and the customer.
- Must have a "whatever-it-takes" attitude using diplomatic leadership skills within a collaborative teamwork environment to accomplish the necessary results.Proven and effective communication, analytical, judgment, initiative and execution skills.
- Excellent knowledge in all layers of software HMI, MW and BSP for infotainment and telematics domains
- Ability to communicate advanced and complex concepts and ideas persuasively and concisely to all levels of the business.
- Knowledge of Vehicle networking protocols like CAN, MOST and Vehicle Diagnostics will be good
- Automotive infotainment and Telematics domain knowledge Project Management knowledge for execution of Automotive Software development Projects, Programming languages: C, C++ and Real Time Operating Systems knowledge
- Knowledge of products planning methods and the ability to use them effectively.
- Well organized, meticulous good at understanding the big picture.
- Strong team player with ability to handle multiple projects .Self-motivated, results driven individual, passionate about technology
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.