Product OwnerBangalore, Karnataka Additional Location: Bengaluru, India Job ID: R-7496-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
HARMAN X (India) is looking for a product manager to conceptualize and deliver research products (projects) in the area of Artificial Intelligence, Automotive and Audio. The work involves very good understanding of trends and technologies in above domains and extensive collaboration with Business Unit Product Management team, start-up ecosystems, technology partners and universities. Good Quality Data is must for AI research and the product manager should be able to explore open source and partner/customer ecosystem to source good quality data relevant to research projects.
In a nutshell, we are looking for a passionate product manger that can conceptualize and deliver meaningful research to Harman Businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree (technical) or equivalent, preferably has development experience
- 5+ years of software product management experience, preferably in AI/Automotive/Audio/Recommendation-Models.
- Own the product life cycle, which includes defining the product roadmap, working closely with stakeholders on feature specification, competitive market analysis and facilitating internal GATE Review Process
- Be a great storyteller, able to build a strong product narrative which clearly articulates the motivation for the project, goals, and path to success.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams, cross-functional stakeholders and other Product Managers to drive successful execution against the product roadmap, GTM strategy and operating priorities
- Review and analyze information from all sources (e.g., customer requirements, market analysis data, competitive landscape, etc.) to drive solid decision-making. Ability to thrive with partial information and ambiguity
- Appreciates the need for good quality data for AI research and has experience managing data life-cycle and working with data suppliers
- Loves learning and can step out of your comfort zone to quickly pick up and apply new technologies and concepts.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)