Principal Engineer. Android Systems AnalystBengaluru, India Job ID: 118133
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
The Principal Domain owner is a key role in Harman’s product development process. Strong requirements analysis is critical to the success of a project and the success of the requirements analysis depends on analysts who have deep domain experience. This position requires a deep knowledge in Android Native layer like AudioFlinger or AudioPolicyManager or AudioHAL or Media Or Connectivity or Camera .This position requires a broad understanding in one or more Digital Cockpit and Infotainment domains such as Vehicle Interfacing, Media, Audio, Device Projection, Wifi, Bluetooth, Navigation, Cloud interfacing and others. The domain owner shall be able to provide technical leadership, evaluate tradeoffs, resolve conflicting requirements and specify system requirements that satisfy the customer needs. He/she shall be able to communicate effectively and guide the requirements management team to document the resulting product requirements.
- Technical Product Ownership
- Develops system specifications (functional and non-functional) based on customer and other stakeholders’ specifications to clearly and concisely capture what is required for the product.
- Document and maintain product requirement exceptions.
- Identifies risk level associated with new feature development based on requirements status.
- Aware of all relevant Federal Standards, industry standards and internal standards and ensures that resulting designs will satisfy these requirements.
- Drive reuse: Lead the development of reusable internal requirements, identifying synergies and opportunities for design reuse.
- Champions problem solving/lessons learned for assigned program(s)/domain(s)
- Responsible for developing and executing requirements baseline management process for project
- Accountable for Requirements metrics targets
- Stakeholder (CPM / Customer) management
- Customer Program Management (CPM) focal point for Requirements Engineering Technical topics for assigned program(s)/domain(s)
- Maintains Master Document List
- Maintains organized repository of both customer and 3rd party requirements specifications
- Generate Requirements Analysis Report (RAR) to CPM for new spec package deliveries
- Supports the sales organization in the business development phase of a program as part of proposal activity, by analyzing customer RFQ specifications and developing technical impact analysis and compliance matrix.
- Change Request Requirements Management
- Responsible for change control management of the project requirements database.
- Champion Change Request impact analysis and provides results to appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensures change requests are implemented in the requirements specifications (once approved)
- Requirements Open Issues Management
- Interfaces with Functional Owners and other stakeholders to drive resolution of open issues for product specification.
- Ensures compliance to ASPICE level 3
- Champions opportunities and makes recommendations for improvements in tools and process
- Responsible for developing Requirements strategy for assigned program(s)/domain(s) in compliance with ASPICE.
- BS Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 8 plus years of experience in Systems Engineering
- Able to provide detailed reviews on complex/technical specifications.
- Automotive background with working knowledge of vehicle networking protocols.
- Experience working in a Requirements Management tool, preferably DOORS and/or DNG.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Flawless written communication skills
- Practical experience in related areas such as system design, hardware/software design, and real-time embedded applications.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- MS Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Broad technical background with general knowledge of Bluetooth, WiFi, cellular technology, smart phones, navigation, GPS, tuner, satellite radio, video, voice recognition, hands-free operation, vehicle bus, advanced safety, cloud-based services, and automotive requirements
- Deep knowledge in one or more relevant product domain areas
- Automotive and/or cellular industry experience
- Project management experience
- Experience developing engineering processes
- MS Project proficiency
- ASPICE knowledge
- Experience managing external and internal vendors/partners
- Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making.
- Clear and strategic thinker; proven experience in translating strategies into actionable plans.
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
- Willingness to travel occasionally as needed to support departmental and project needs.
- Willingness to work in an office in Bengaluru
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.