Engineer II, SWBangalore, Karnataka Additional Location: Bengaluru, India Job ID: R-1534-2021
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
An Engineer provides a wider variety of technical tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with guidance/supervision from the manager in the development of professional audio product development.
This position does not have any direct or indirect reports.
- Design and development of software using C++ for professional audio products.
- Understand the requirements, design, develop and debug software for professional audio products
- Task definition, implementation, code reviews, testing and documentation of code functionality.
- As part of a matrix organization work alongside with architects, engineers, designers and testers in multiple locations as needed to help integrate and productize the solution.
- Writing C++ code and be aware about code modularity, code performance, Object oriented programming, self-explanatory code style.
- Integration of new functionality into an existing C++ solution.
- Follow software development practices like Agile/Scrum processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer, Electrical or Software Engineering or related field and 5 years of experience; alternatively, Master’s Degree in above mentioned fields and at least 3 years of experience
- Strong expertise in C++, upto C++ 14. Very Strong in object oriented programming skills, classes, polymorphism, templates, standard library, common design patterns, threads, unit testing.
- Demonstrated expertise with Networking - TCP, UDP, Sockets, IP, Socket programming using Boost ASIO.
- Strong experience with XML, Json. Writing, parsing, schemas
- Experience with Git source control, Confluence and Jira
- Experience working in Microsoft Visual Studio, CMake, Windows, Linux environments
- Extensive experience in software development using Agile/Scrum processes
- Familiar with Digital audio concepts, GUIs and model-view-controller design pattern.
- Experience working in the Professional or Consumer Audio/Video industry, technology industry, or automotive industry
- Ability to communicate advanced and complex concepts and ideas persuasively and concisely to all levels of the business
- Demonstrated expertise in working with Audio application frameworks and implementing audio solutions in advanced C++.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams is preferred
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively with other teams
- Experience working with audio, video or professional audio systems.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally 5-10% of the time.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)