Engineer II, SW - C++ Navigation 1Bengaluru, India Job ID: 116277
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
A core technical person who will be part of integrated global team in Harman, behind the premium navigation engine that power some of the most luxurious automotive brand names and is currently installed in millions of vehicles. You will be working on complex solutions for various navigation components, which are running on Harman navigation solution. The ideal candidate will have good analytical and problem solving skills, knowledge of engineering discipline, and preferably experience in Navigation domain
- Be a key driver behind the navigation core services of Harman
- Serve as the go-to authority for all technical questions related to navigation engine development from internal and external customers.
- Understand the requirements, design, develop and debug software in the field of automotive Navigation system (infotainment system).
- Task definition, documentation (High level design, Component design) implementation, code reviews and testing of functionality in the field of connected services / location based services. coordination of work packages with other domains
- As part of a matrix organization work alongside with architects, engineers, designers, testers and product managers in multiple locations as needed to help integrate and productize the solution.
- Leverage existing codebase but also seek ways to improve the navigation engine performance and capabilities (Performance Analysis / Profiling of implementation).
- Define use cases, negotiate interfaces and implement prototypes and solutions in the emerging field of navigation related online services to supply solutions at and beyond market expectations
- Writing C++ code and be aware about code modularity, code performance, OOP and component driven code, self-explanatory code style.
- Integration of new functionality into an existing C++ solution
- Elaboration and implementation of component design, concepts, algorithms for new features in area connected services / location based services
- Technical coordination with developers of navigation controllers, navigation engine and online services
- Stay up to date with current trends and technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or similar education
- 3+ years of experience in embedded technologies
- Strong C++ and STL programming skills with hands own experience.
- Strong knowledge in Data Structures (not only the usage of STL data structures but also the internals of generic data structures) and algorithms.
- Good in programming and problem solving.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in C++ preferably with exposure to embedded systems
- Hands on experience on Navigation Core (routing, guidance, positioning, ADAS, map view, Map Database etc.)
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies and test driven development
- Strong in RTOS skills (QNX/Linux/Android) and proficient in real time multi threaded software design and development
- Deep knowledge of embedded device constraints and how to root cause or debug issues through the entire SW development life cycle
- Experience in system performance optimization
- Good in design patterns
- Experience with Unit test frame works like boost test.
- Self motivated, result driven individual, must be passionate about the work
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Automotive background preferable
- Understanding of UML diagrams
- Hands on experience in route planning algorithms, maneuver generation, guidance.
- Experience in Kalman Filter, Map matching, GPS, Gyro, speed sensors, Accelerometer
- Understanding about Text to speech, map rendering, co-ordinate transformation, traffic information
- Experience with MatLab is desirable.
- Experience with build tools CM tools (Git, perforce) is desirable.
- knowledge of NDS, OSM, MultiNet or other map data formats is desirable
- knowledge of Graph theory is desirable.
- Exposure to Android internals is preferable.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, shell script are desirable.
Leadership: Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
Change Orientation: Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
Collaboration: Connect, engage and communicate with others
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
Judgment: Make sound decisions
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
Results-Driven: Deliver extraordinary results
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- Willingness to work in an office located in Bangalore, India.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.