DevOps EngineerBengaluru, India Job ID: RR-34923
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Position Summary: Briefly describe the primary purpose and function of this position.
The Senior Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing solutions for operations, automation of CI/CD pipeline. The solution will be based on Java, Kubernetes, docker containers and opensource technologies hosted on public cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure and Tencent. The candidate is positioned as devops solution engineer
Supervisory Responsibilities: Please indicate the number of direct reports and/or number of indirect reports.
Job Responsibilities: List the professional and/or technical competencies needed when performing the key responsibilities of the position. Explain the degree to which this position affects the business (i.e. making decisions, defining or setting strategy, etc.). Please further explain the breadth of the impact this position has (i.e. affects own team, department, function, division, geography, etc.).
- Design and deliver code to meet scalbility and performance targets using Kubernetes
- Design, build and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure and tools to deliver Ignite Product using tools such as Git, SVN,Jenkins, Ansible and Docker Containers
- Create infrastructure templates to rollout servers and other cloud objects
- Design and deliver orchestration service files for Kubernetes Orchestration
- Build automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology
- Routine application maintenance tasks, help create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance. Troubleshooting existing information systems for errors and resolving those errors
- Automate operational manual tasks with appropriate solution to implement in production environment
What You Need :
Basic Qualifications: List the minimum and desired education (including degrees, licenses, certification or registrations) and experience needed to perform the key responsibilities of the position.
- Experienced Devops Lead / Software Develoment Engineer with 5-7 yrs experience with strong Java, Linux, devops background
- Candidate should be a B.Tech/B.E/M.Tech in E&C or Computer Science
- Certifications on AWS is desirable not mandatory
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies: Please list the preferred qualifications and ideal behaviors needed for this position based on the following:
- Expertise in developing Java based application
- Hands-on experience in container orchestration and infrastructure management tools (Kubernetes, Mesosphere DCOS, Amazon Container Services)
- Experience in Amazon AWS/EC2, Azure, Cloud APIs and enterprise integration points
- Proficiency in Cloud native APIs, development languages and frameworks (Java, Python, Node.js… )
- Experience with Agile development tools (Jira, SVN, Git)
- Experience with Dockers, Jenkins and Ansible
- Expertise in Linux environment
- Expertise in writing queries in Elastic search for logs and mongodb database
- Has worked with API, Messaging or Queue systems, Kafka, Redis.
- End-to-end responsibility for infrastructure transformation projects
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.