Associate DirectorBengaluru, India Job ID: R-4149-2021
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Position Summary: Briefly describe the primary purpose and function of this position.
The candidate shall be responsible for the management of delivery of Ignite solution to a customer. The job entails planning & tracking tasks for the project and management of resources in order to achieve timely delivery of solution to customer. The job includes interfacing directly with the customer and convincing the customer about the delivery schedule.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Please indicate the number of direct reports and/or number of indirect reports.
The candidate will be required to manage a team of 15-20 people with responsibility of performance assessment and compensation determination for those resources.
Job Responsibilities: List the professional and/or technical competencies needed when performing the key responsibilities of the position. Explain the degree to which this position affects the business (i.e. making decisions, defining or setting strategy, etc.). Please further explain the breadth of the impact this position has (i.e. affects own team, department, function, division, geography, etc.).
- Candidate shall be responsible for technical management of delivery to a specific Ignite customer.
- Candidate shall perform the role of a product owner for the solution being delivered to the customer.
- Candidate shall be responsible for defining the release content of each release in consultation with customer and based on estimates for each feature
- Candidate shall be responsible for created a detailed WBS for each release and tracking the tasks outlined for each release
- Candidate shall be responsible for managing the resources in the team and assigning tasks to the resources from the WBS
- Candidate shall be responsible for tracking dependencies for delivery and work with customer or 3rd parties to ensure alignment with delivery plan
- Candidate shall be responsible for tracking any issues blocking progress of delivery and help resolve them.
- Candidate shall be responsible for ensuring defining scrums, adherence to agile processes and collection of metrics that determine the health index of the program.
- Candidate shall be responsible for the performance appraisal and compensation of employees reporting to him/her.
Basic Qualifications: List the minimum and desired education (including degrees, licenses, certification or registrations) and experience needed to perform the key responsibilities of the position.
- Candidate should have minimum of 12 years experience in relevant domain with minimum of 3 years in the role of a Software program manager for backend cloud applications.
- Candidate should be a B.Tech/B.E/M.Tech in E&C or Computer Science
- PMP or any equivalent project management certification would be an added plus
- Candidate’s primary domain of expertise should be cloud based applications, Web applications & Enterprise applications
- Candidate should be familiar with deployments on atleast one cloud platform like AWS, Azure or Ali Cloud. AWS experience would be a plus
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies: Please list the preferred qualifications and ideal behaviors needed for this position based on the following:
- Candidate should have expertise in the domain of backend cloud based JAVA applications
- Candidate should have experience with applications developed using Core JAVA and frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, Sprinboot, Web servers like Tomcat
- Candidate should be familiar with Microservices architecture and deployment of REST based APIs for use by 3rd party applications.
- Candidate should have worked on or managed projects developing highly scalable and resilient big data platforms with event ingestion pipelines based on lightweight protocols like MQTT, AMQP and high capacity messaging hub like Kafka. Candidate should have experience driving the EtE integration of such platforms including integration of analytics frameworks like Spark streaming, Hadoop, H2O
- Candidate should be familiar with configuration management, development & test environments used for development of JAVA based applications.
- Candidate should have worked in programs where applications are deployed in Cloud infrastructure.
Leadership: Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
Change Orientation: Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
Collaboration: Connect, engage and communicate with others
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
Judgment: Make sound decisions
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
Results-Driven: Deliver extraordinary results
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
- Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- List preferred skills here.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.