Android ArchitectBengaluru, India Job ID: 117247 Additional locations: None
HARMAN’s engineers and designers are creative, purposeful and agile. As part of this team, you’ll combine your technical expertise with innovative ideas to help drive cutting-edge solutions in the car, enterprise and connected ecosystem. Every day, you will push the boundaries of creative design, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities, innovative technologies and resources to build a successful career.
What makes a successful Engineer at
HARMAN? Check out the top
traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technical Capability
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Requisition Id :117247
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
This position is for a senior technical leader on Android, customizing Android for Car Infotainment Systems based on the customer requirements. Job involves deep understanding of Android HAL, Linux drivers and Core Android frameworks.
- Leading a team of Engineers for designing and architecting next gen Android Infotainment Systems
- Architecting the design for new features and technologies in Android for Infotainment systems
- Enhancing and customizing existing android modules to infotainment systems.
- Design, implement, validate and roll out assigned software component into project source repository.
- Setting up the test frameworks and Resolve technical issues.
- Close cooperation with other leaders and projects managers
- Must have 10-15 years of experience in embedded software development
- CPU: ARM,X86
- Experience in source revision control system such as git
- Good knowledge of working with Open source software packages.
- Deep knowledge of the Linux Kernel and middleware layers. Knowledge on Java a plus.
- Hands on knowledge of all / any of the following Linux kernel areas: Audio (ALSA), Video4Linux, Power Management, Network, BSP (ARM)
- Hands on knowledge of various versions of Android, and ability of translate requirements to technical specifications.
- Experienced in Android programming environment using binder, shared memory etc.
- OS: Linux / Android. Proficiency in real time multi-threaded software design and development, system programming using IPC, synchronization primitives
- Programming Language: Strong in C/C++, basic shell scripting
- Tools: Development and Debugging using Host – Target tool chains for embedded platforms
- Positive attitude towards work (Dynamic) and good communication skills
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Bachelors or Masters in Electronics /Computer Science
- 10-15 years of overall experience
Preferred Qualifications Leadership:
- Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance.
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition Change Orientation: Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things.
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs Collaboration: Connect, engage and communicate with others.
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships Judgment: Make sound decisions.
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions Results-Driven: Deliver extraordinary results.
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)
An entry level role, the degreed Engineer knows and applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession under direct supervision and guidance. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience.
Principal Engineers are recognized as an emerging expert. They lead the conceptualization, design, implementation and testing of technologies, tools, or process while consistently demonstrating technical expertise and ingenuity. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 12 years’ experience.
Senior Principal Engineer
Recognized as a technical expert, Senior Principal Engineers consistently demonstrate high levels of technical expertise, ingenuity and creativity. They develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, and have broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of their specialty. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 16 years’ experience.
A Distinguished Engineer has a strong record of creativity and innovation. They advance engineering principles, theories and concepts, and are recognized as a Company-wide authority in one or more technical areas. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 20 years’ experience.
A Fellow is an industry recognized expert with a significant body of peer reviewed research and journal publications and frequently speaks at conferences. Acts as a HARMAN ambassador. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 25 years’ experience.
A Senior Fellow is the most accomplished of an elite group of engineers, widely recognized as a World renowned expert in their field of expertise. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree + 30 years’ experience.
When faced with challenging projects, I ask the opinion of other engineers, make more mockups and try as many solutions as it takes to find the best one.
I feel like our commitment to excellence drives me to make sure I collaborate with the right people and teams to deliver great results.
I work with some talented and experienced people at HARMAN. They drive me to find better solutions, and working with them helps me grow.
On Demand Technical
Deepen your technology knowledge in Product Security, Android, Python, System, Software, and Hardware Architecture, and System testing.
Transparent career progression with tangible and specific goals to work towards in preparation to meet your ultimate career aspirations
Collaborate with a diverse group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers, interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
Work with engineers from across the Globe to create world class design and production solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our engineers to take pride in their unique character, cultural and work identities and are encouraged to bring this valuable perspective to their work.
Health & Wellness
Local health and wellness initiatives, resources and activities are provided to help you achieve work/life integration and support maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle.