Business Development Manager - Live Entertainment Lighting, EMEAApsley, England, United Kingdom Job ID: 117295 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
The BDM for Tour lighting will be a dynamic and outgoing leader with a passion and a vision for the Lighting Industry, touring rental companies and Live Production. You will drive sales of Harman Professional Products through a variety of channels including Distributors, Dealers, Tour Lighting rental companies and Corporate Event and Production Companies. You will have a proven track record of Lighting Sales and be motivated by creating and achieving Sales Targets. You will work together with the EMEA Management Team to develop and execute Sales Plans by region and responsible for reporting your success. You will be a strategic thinker, a change agent and motivator of people and you will be able create your own goals and objectives and lead your team to success.
The Primary responsibility for this position is to drive sales growth for Live Entertainment lighting in the EMEA region and lead a team of individuals to achieve those goals. You will distribute quotas across the region and maintain weekly and monthly reports as required by management to track monthly sales. You will coordinate activities as required for road shows, workshops, training, trade shows and demonstrations with the marketing team to build relationships with new and existing clients to ensure long term business partnerships with a primary focus on lighting designers. You will have an outgoing personality that inspires success and you will be a mentor to your reports, our customers and the people around you. You will be detail orientated, meticulous in your execution and be receptive to new ideas and change. You will be a mature and seasoned communicator with the ability to inspire, lead, problem solve and mentor.
Specific Duties Include:
- Direct contact with Harman Distributors and understand the needs of their business.
- Direct contact with lighting designers in touring, theatre, corporate, film and television to drive product specifications
- Responsibility for MGAP development and meetings
- Create Quotas, budgets and Business Plans, maintain margins and business ethics
- Excellent Communication required and be able to present to groups and individuals
- You will have existing relationships with lighting Designers and Production company owners
- You will be required to work with the Product Application Support team, promoters and production managers to deliver Live Performances using Harman Products
- Develop and Deliver a regional Business Plan annually including action, planning and metrics
- You will be inspirational in building relationships with existing owners, production managers, concert promoters and system engineers
- Your experience will allow you to stand up in sometimes difficult situations and be able to think on your feet to resolve conflict
- You will be a inspirational Brand Ambassador
- You will drive a customer base necessary to meet all sales forecasts and budgets.
- You will prospect for new business and prepare proposals, quotations and close the deal
- You will be an adviser to our Product Development team based on your thorough understanding of customer needs and competitive offerings.
- Supply timely market intelligence and forecasts to management when required.
- Share and supervise best practices with fellow sales people, business segments and management.
- Participate in local and international exhibitions and trade shows.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Sales role preferably in Professional Lighting and/or the Live Production Industry.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and other software useful in the position
- Professional lighting sales and live production experience in addition to strong industry relationships is preferred.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and within OSHA's standard requirements.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work independently and routinely remotely
- Solid commercial understanding.
- Keen sense of attention to detail
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong networking and referral building ability
- Willingness to travel over 50% of the time across EMEA
- Frequent travel to key population areas
- Willingness to submit to a background screen
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)