Business Development Manager - CinemaApsley, UK Job ID: 127423 Additional locations: None
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:None
About the Role
This candidate would be responsible for driving sales of our cinema products directly with key accounts in the region. They should be familiar with how the business operates and have contacts with some or ideally all of the key cinema integrators.
The candidate must have excellent sales and relationship skills in order to build strong partnerships with key cinema partners as well as managing how we supply opportunities via our 3rd party distribution model.
Technical background may be useful but is not necessary, however an understanding of the fundamentals of what is required from equipment in the cinema chain is crucial.
What You Will Do
The person in this role is required to manage and grow our Cinema product sales both through 3rd party distribution and in direct connection with key customers in the EMEA region.
They are responsible for developing and executing a successful sales strategy for the Harman Cinema product range, managing customer relations, sales revenue and margins
The role requires positive and pro-active interation with technical staff as well as sales to ensure our customers receive the best solutions and consider Harman a centre of excellence in the Cinema field.
The position will have a number of responsibilities and authority for making decisions as described below.
- Responsible for driving revenue and building relationships with new & existing customers targeted end user accounts.
- Make warm and cold calls to prospective customers to promote business
- Visit potential customers, make presentations, identify key decisions makers
- Plan business growth, identify opportunities & pursue them to successful closure
- Effectively sell to all levels of management in these accounts
- Understand the customer’s business environment and how this interacts with ours.
- Always have the client’s best interests in mind and bring a commitment to understanding and driving the success of their clients’ key initiatives, organization, company and history
- Accurately forecast revenue from new and existing accounts
- Update the CRM system on weekly basis with opportunities.
- Attend on dealer events where presence of Harman is required.
- Identify competitive products or threats in the market and address this to the European Sales team.
- Forecast on a monthly and weekly basis, providing written reports accordingly to the European Sales team.
- Support the sales channel, both in Harman and within distribution, in selling products and full solutions for targeted customers both through product expertise and in-person customer interaction. Articulate the value proposition of relevant Harman products and solutions, while assessing client needs and proposing the correct product / solution type and mix to meet their requirements. Assist dealers with project activities which deliver solutions tailored to customers’ business needs and integrate the brand capabilities in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition.
- Train, or facilitate training of, customers on proper set up, use, and maintenance of Professional Solutions equipment.
What You Need
- 5+ years relevant experience in Professional Audio
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good references
- 3+ years experience in a relevant/related sales position
- Proven track record of exceeding goals/objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid follow-up ethos and work ethic
- Competent understanding of the audio equipment being sold into the cinema space, how it is used and what makes a product suitable for a customer/application.
What is Nice to Have
- Bachelors Degree in Audio and/or Business subject
- In-depth understanding of the Cinema sales channel, how it operates and who the key players are.
- Detailed understanding of the audio equipment being sold into the cinema space, how it is used and what makes a product suitable for a customer/application.
- Customer Focus and Solutions Selling: Understanding the holistic needs of the customer, both in providing a solution with our products and a business model that works efficiently with the customers needs. Demonstrated ability to successfully prospect, present to clients, and consistently close large deals. Ability to understand business requirements and effectively present/articulate advanced solutions and HARMAN audio technology.
- Team Player: Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability. Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization. Ability to interface with technical teams and internal departments to ensure customer success.
- Change Orientation: Able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Self-Awareness: Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions. Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them. Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness to travel 50%+ of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Europe or demonstrable ability to work from home
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)