Category Manager Connected Home & SoundbarsAmsterdam, Netherlands Job ID: 120487
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
The Category Manager Connected Home & Soundbars is responsible for driving marketing and consumer insights for the category and to translate these insights into account specific presentations and training material. Next to that, the Category Manager Connected Home & Soundbars, is responsible for product management processes like linechart, product database management, portfolio presentations, and needs to support S&OP related topics like NPI demand planning, excess inventory and backorder situations. He/she also supports the local sales and marketing teams in all their product management activities, like product training, product expert towards press as well as product information files for retailers, across all the categories of Consumer Audio EMEA. He/she supports the Sr. Product Marketing Manager in driving the growth of the category towards the commercial teams. He/she supports the Sr. Product Marketing Manager to create the regional strategic marketing landscape for all new product introductions The Category Manager shares P&L responsibility for his/her category with the Sr. Product Marketing Manager.
Regional Product Strategy
- Understand the regional market environment of his/her categories
- Analyse the market to identify new product-/market opportunities
- Work with market data agencies like GfK to improve reporting on his/her categories
- Give Sr. Product Marketing Manager, GPLM and regional PMM’s input into commercial product specification & product concepts
Business Plan development and execution
- Utilize consumer and retail insights for defined category
- Define go-to-market approach for NPI’s in line with the EMEA Business Plan objectives
- Support the development of a key account business plans
- Drive development of annual category plan for own category
Product Lifecycle Management
- Makes adjustments and optimises portfolio where needed
- Supports management of margin of total assigned product category
- Analyse and recommend product life cycle of his/her categories
New Product Introduction
- Create Customer presentations to support introduction of NPI’s
- Help to drive accurate forecast and demand planning with the appropriate teams
- Support the Customer Marketing Manager in driving account special programs
Local product Management
- Train the local trainers of sales promotors and merchandisers – for all complex product propositions
- Support local PR team towards technology press across all categories
- Manage continuous improvements in new product listing process
- Improve all product related information flow towards local teams
Sales and Account presentations
- Work together with Sales and Marketing organisation in developing necessary trade and consumer activation pitches
- Achieve best buy reviews in leading trade magazines (online/offline)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Marketing Communications or similar.
- 4+ years’ experience extensive work experience in the team discipline combined with business know-how.
- Is able to work independently.
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment.
- Contribution is on mid-to-long-term strategic issues and achieving high personal objectives.
- Experience in working cross regional and globally with a diverse, multi-cultural team.
- Proven ability to manage assigned projects that are critical for the future organizational goals.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
Results-Driven: Having a proactive, goal oriented approach to decision making.
Constantly learning the latest marketing techniques to keep HARMAN at the cutting edge of the industry. Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion.
Judgment: You consider the short and long-term impact of your actions.
You recognize when to escalate issues and when to ask for help to take appropriate action. When initial efforts fail, you are open to suggested alternatives and try different approaches.
Collaboration: You listen well to understand instead of reacting fast.
You communicate clearly, respectfully and with conviction. You have a global mindset and demonstrate cultural awareness.
Change Orientation: Able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
Creativity and out-of-the box thinking – constantly pushing teams to challenge thinking in the digital space.
Leadership: You ask for and deliver feedback.
You take actions to develop yourself. You take accountability for your actions.
Willingness to travel 40% of the time.
Willingness to regularly be working from office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)