Project Manager in NagoyaAichi, Japan Job ID: 115283 Additional locations: Aichi, Japan
A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Requisition Id :115283
Additional Work Location(s) ​​​​​:Aichi, Japan
On-Site Project Manager will be responsible to collaborate with customer different departments, 3rd party vendor and local Harman/Redbend teams.
- Facilitate working meetings and status meetings as appropriate throughout the project, proactively identifying and taking action required across multiple work streams in the project to keep delivery on schedule
- Effectively manage & communicate project tasks and commitments with project team members and stakeholders
- Act as a liaison between the customer and multiple local internal teams
- Work closely with customers (technical and executive level) to understand the requirements in a wide view, and develop effective working relationships
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and crises, and devise contingency plans as needed
- 3 years of hands-on experience in managing software projects (preferably spanning both client and server-side development and integration). Automotive – advantage.
- Experienced in vehicle program gates and milestones and supplier requirements to manage to same
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple, concurrent software development and/or integration projects
- Software engineering/ Engineering Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong technical background in software/ automotive industry
- Customer facing experience
- Excellent human relations with cross-cultural communication experience
- Strong verbal/ presentation/ rhetorical abilities
- Strong self-management capabilities; positivity and a high motivation towards accomplishing objectives
- Ability to successfully operate under pressure
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)