Field Application Engineer Job
Date: Apr 11, 2014
Location: Palo Alto, CA, US
Harman Embedded Audio, LLC (HEA) is an Indianapolis based division of Harman International Industries. HEA specializes in OEM/ODM acoustic components, subassemblies and products. We are currently seeking an Applications Engineer to support our acoustic design initiatives and company’s growth targets. The position will be based in Palo Alto, and will involve customer facing responsibilities for key customers in the local area. This position will work closely with the Harman sales team and our Indianapolis based R&D team in supporting HEA’s business development and technical support activities for the various customers.
This position is responsible for pre and post sales technical support to customers. The primary responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Provide high-level technical expertise to both sales and customers.
- Provide customer with system level acoustic design support.
- As required, support customers in the design change and launch process including required paperwork, presentations and approvals.
- Evaluate competitive solutions and incumbent supplier designs to find opportunities for Harman’s superior components.
- Assist inside and outside sales personnel with understanding of technical specifications.
- Report customer problems back to Quality, Operations, Sales, Program Management and Engineering through approved channels and tools.
- Work with other Harman colleagues around the world to provide best-in-class support on a global scale.
- Meet with potential and existing customers to showcase Harman Consumer solutions and products including technical reviews.
- Work with customers and sales partners to meet schedule demands; maintain flexibility to meet the needs of customers.
- Provide product demonstrations at industry trade shows and customer campus settings worldwide.
- Making sure of functionality of demo systems and completion of sample set for technical presentation.
- Determine customer’s technology needs for new systems/products
- This position requires a BS degree or equivalent in Engineering, preferably Acoustics, Electrical or Mechanical.
- Strong background in microphones, audio technology and audio architecture including acoustic systems and transducer design.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and persuade internal and external decision makers
- Demonstrated history of building successful technical and commercial relationships
- Demonstrated history of excellent customer focus and willingness to go above and beyond to serve customers
- Strong knowledge of acoustic testing and data reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Operating System and Office products.
- This position requires worldwide travel.
- Must be well organized
- Must be a strong communicator
- Must be people oriented
- Must have good problem solving skills
- Must have the ability to interact with our customers and functional groups within Harman International globally
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects concurrently
- This position will reside in California.
- Willingness to travel 15% of the time.
- Visa ability for PRC
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test.
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, HARMAN (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of infotainment and audio solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets. It is a recognized world leader across its customer segments with premium brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, and Mark Levinson® and leading-edge connectivity, safety and audio technologies. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of about 14,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $4.3 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2013. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman! (www.harman.com)
Posting Notes: Select this (Reserved for Future Use)
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segments: Application Engineering, Engineer, Field Engineer, Electrical, Outside Sales, Engineering, Sales
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.