Powered Speakers Engineer Job
Date: Oct 5, 2014
Location: Northridge, CA, US
Company: HARMAN International
Overview: JBL Professional, a unit of Harman International is seeking a talented and highly motivated Powered Speakers Engineer. JBL Pro is the company behind “big” sound worldwide. We are the leader in concerts, theaters, stadiums, airports and many other large venues where uncompromised sound quality and power is required. Our technical and market leadership is driven by the best transducer (woofers, compression drivers and midrange drivers) technology and products in the world. This is an opportunity to join an elite team.
Reports To: Manager, Systems Engineering
Supervisory Responsibilities: No supervisory responsibility
- Design and develop active/networked/powered loudspeakers for portable PA, tour sound and installed markets.
- Work closely with the market segment managers to define product requirements and specifications.
- Work with other JBL Pro Engineering teams (Loudspeaker Systems, Transducers, Amplifiers, Signal Processing and Mechanical Engineering) to design and develop active speaker products.
- Work closely with Harman and partner manufacturing facilities to transition and support the manufacture of active loudspeaker products.
- Communicate, interact and leverage technology across Harman global resources and partners.
- Develop test specifications and programs for functional testing of end products.
- Collaborate with other HPro business units to leverage Harman technologies.
- Discover and propose new ideas and technologies to the engineering and marketing teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering.
- 5 years of experience in design and development of electronic and acoustic products.
- Engineering experience in networking technologies (including control and media transport)
- Working knowledge and experience of ECAD and EE simulation tools.
- Willingness and ability to multi-task.
- Strong desire to work in the audio and sound business.
- Work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Acoustics.
- Experience in the development and tuning of powered loudspeakers and systems.
- Experience in DSP algorithms and programming.
- Experience in design of low EMI/EMC circuitry.
- Experience in low latency wireless technologies.
- Training and experience in Mentor Graphics ECAD Tools.
- Knowledge of UL, CE and other various regulatory regulations and requirements.
- Understanding and familiarity in development of embedded and/or application software.
- Willingness to work in an office in Northridge, CA.
- Willingness to travel to other Harman locations in the US and internationally.
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, HARMAN (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets – supported by 15 leading brands, including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. HARMAN has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman! (www.harman.com)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Network, Engineering, Technology
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field